Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No forward assist on a JP CTR

Nemesis Lead

The title says it all. I am very excited to have just ordered a JP CTR recently (God only knows when it will get here). One thing that bugged me was that the rifle has no forward assist unlike the JP 15.

Do CTR users have any issues from this if the BCG does not go into battery or is this not an issue?

I've wondered why someone that had a jamb, would want to jamb it in even tighter. ?

I have talked to folks that used their AR for real life, and sometimes they want to make sure a round is chambered, but ease the bolt forward to make as little noise as possible. Then it makes sense.

Why anyone feels a need to jam a case that doesn't want to go into the chamber into the chamber is beyond me. Cycle the suspect case out and move on.

I would have to agree here. For a game gun doesn't make much sense. I have seen people try to ram one in the chamber only to end up racking it out. Bullets were damaged including a few that were pushed back in case.

The only time I've ever used mine is on my varmint rig coyote hunting. When you're trying to be quiet and have to ride the bold down it's handy just to make sure it goes into full battery. Never touched it one single time on my 3-gun rifle

The title says it all. I am very excited to have just ordered a JP CTR recently (God only knows when it will get here). One thing that bugged me was that the rifle has no forward assist unlike the JP 15.

Do CTR users have any issues from this if the BCG does not go into battery or is this not an issue?

FA is not necessary in any AR if the chamber is properly maintained and ammo is good (not the range pick up ammo that had been stepped/ran over :roflol: ) FA is useless in the JP LMOS bolt carrier, no teeth for it.

Part of the reason the FA was added was to allow military after getting out of the water with their rifle to pull the charging handle back slightly. This would the release the vapor lock and allow the water to drain from the rifle/gas tube. Then the FA was used to ensure the rifle was in battery. It was later added as part of the malfunction clearance with the overly complicated "sports" training. Like others have stated Ive seen it often enough make a bad jam worse by jamming it more. Yeah it's on my rifles but I can't think of a time I've used it.