Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beer

BigDave

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once and a while, I will get a craving for Hams or Olympia :cheers:

Olympia Beer... I haven't had one of those in 35+ years since I was stationed on Guam while in the Navy. I wish you could get it in the southeast!!!!!

dj

I'll skip all the wheat beers... and Chrismas Ales (nutmeg, etc.). If I have to drink something in this category, I'd choose a cherry wheat.

Sierra Nevada, Killians, and Budweiser ...staples.

Sam Adams Octoberfest ... It is a red/amber (Killians ... all grown up.) I will go out of my way to find/order it when in season. (though, the last couple of years haven't been quite as good as previous)

Most of the Sam Adams beer is good. Best overall brand (available most places). And, if you are going to drink a "light" beer...Sammy Light is it.

To pick a family of beers...most Pale Ales get the nod.

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a far nobler purpose. Come, sit, and let us sing praises to his name as we learn about...BEER!"

- Friar Tuck

Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves

Best I have ever had: Diebels Alt in Dusseldorf Germany... It has been many years since I have had it, but it will always remain my favorite... (I spent the summer before my senior year in high school in and around Dusseldorf as part of an exchange program)

Otherwise, Guinness on tap, miller light if I am looking for something in a bottle or from a grocery store, or Oatmeal Stout.

Now, for a man's drink, lets talk scotch or bourbon :devil:

You can never go wrong with Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, Bookers, or if in a scotch mood, Johnny walker Red,Green or Blue depending on what you are looking to spend...

Our own Arizona local brewery Four Peaks makes great beer. I like their Kiltlifter which is a Scottish style ale. In the summer their Sunbru Kolsch is the ticket. If the bar does not to carry the local stuff or I am out of town I will go for Pilsner Urquell or Spaten (any variety).

-ld

Our own Arizona local brewery Four Peaks makes great beer. I like their Kiltlifter which is a Scottish style ale. In the summer their Sunbru Kolsch is the ticket. If the bar does not to carry the local stuff or I am out of town I will go for Pilsner Urquell or Spaten (any variety).

-ld

+1 on the Kiltlifter! I ran across that beer in Tombstone at the Crystal Palace, and that's what I drink whenever I'm there. I just got a keg of Ziegenbock Amber for my kegerator, good stuff!

Aboslutely depends on where I am, what season it is, and what activity I'm engaged in...

Guinness (virtually anytime except summer, especially because of its low alcohol content - you can drink this for a while and not end up with a lampshade on your head :wacko: , also surprisingly low in calories)

Budweiser Bottles (Summer time, fishing, ONE before a long motorcycle ride, showing up at a house party in or around Cape Cod, whenever I can't find something I like, really countless other occasions)

Sam Adams Summer (Summer time)

Harpoon Summer (When it's summer, I'm in Boston, eating seafood, yelling at the Red Sox game on television with my brothers)

Red Stripe (good for cookouts because it fits into the average beer coozie)

Anchor Steam (feeling fancy!)

Samual Smith Organic Ale (feeling fancy and sustainable!)

Dirty Guera by Nimbus (feeling like supporting local brewery)

Pacifico (old reliable this close to Mexico)

Scrimshaw (with special friends...it is a very burp-y beer though)

I'm not a beer dude - prefer my rotten grains in the form of Bourbons... but I have to give a shout out to my previous locals I've not seen mentioned...

Iron City Light

Rolling Rock

Come on yuenz guys - wheres the 'burgh people! (personally prefer yuengling - but I thought I'd have some fun.)

I admit that this Former Marine never had a desire to drink any alcoholic beverages of any kind. My size made it possible to get all my very happy Marines back to the ship.

There is one thing I really really like about beer. I just love the full length Heineken commercial. YouTube has the full length version. This commercial has the blonde singer singing at a party. Anyone really like this one ???

Edited by bobert1