Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beer

BigDave

roflol.gif You all seem so sophisticated! I like Bud Light. For a change of pace I'll do Miller Light. For another change of pace I'll do Coor's Light. Currently on a Coor's light kick.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite has been Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for the last while.

Matt, You can get "California Coors" out there? :surprise:

I have to go with Sarge (Kevin S.) though, except that I prefer Miller Genuine Draft. Once and a while, I will get a craving for Hams or Olympia :cheers:

Just about anything from Sam Adams,or Moose Drool from Montana.

Ditto, :cheers: as long as the exclusion is Cranberry Lambic (puke). The Wynkoop Sagebrush Stout is great also if you get into Denver.

I went to Mines when Coors still provided free beer to Frats, on holidays and E-days. The vast majority was Coors Light, so when there are 4 or 5 kegs on every corner, gets kind of old. I'd rather drink water honestly. Might be due to the reminders. :surprise:

I am partial to New Castle Brown Ale and Guinness. My son started brewing his own beer a few years ago, now I'm spoiled, his is all good. He brews the beer and puts it in the old style metal containers used for fountain cokes. He has a "Kegerator" rigged up in his garage that will hold 3 containers hooked to a triple tapper on the top.

Dogfish head 90 minute IPA- 9% alcholol. Fantastic beer, not for the faint of heart (or if your driving). My current favorite.

Other favorites:

Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Shock Top

Any real German wiesen or dople bock

Any cold beer, someone else buys (always a favorite)

Edited by mpeltier

Any cold beer, someone else buys (always a favorite)

Ding, Ding, Ding! And We have a WINNER! :cheers:

As for beers, I REALLY miss college where a bunch of us would rent a van and go on a Microbrewery tour (circuit). "Sigh" those were the days :devil:

I prefer malty to hoppy, although two kegs of excellent american pale ale have been consumed in my house in the last year.

I really like Killian's Irish Red. I really have no clue why, somehow it just became my go-to beer.

Have a kegerator here at my dad's house. This summer, we've been on a Goose Island kick. Had Green Line (american pale ale) and now have 312 (wheat).

Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout (NOT to be confused with anything called Samuel Adams!)

Guinness, but only on tap

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (there are a whole lot of Sam Adams varieties that we can't even get here)

Blue Moon varieties are good

None of the NW US microbreweries has disappointed yet

A 5-litre minikeg of Newcastle in the refrigerator is always a welcome sight.

And to just get the job done, MGD or Miller Lite works.

Can't do american Budweiser. Note I said "american". There's a european variety that pre-dates the american brew that you can only get over there and it's supposed to be a whole different thing.

Friend of mine and I drank our way around the world over 2 decades ago at a local Taco Mac (200 different beers then, MANY more now), rating everything from 0 to 5 stars. The absolute worst beer on the face of the earth was Eagle beer, from India. Tasted like the dregs of the methyl isocyanate tanks at the union carbide plant in bhopal!

Edited by wgnoyes

Definately would have to be a Belgian Trappist Monk beer....Chimay Grand Reserve blue label. But any amber ale or Imperial IPA. Gotta love the hops!!

"Quaintest thoughts, queerest fancies come to life and fade away. What care I how time advances; I am drinking ale today." –Edgar Allan Poe

DaG