Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

930 JM - quick question

stinsonbeach

I've bought a 930 JM about 6+ months ago from one of the "big-box" shooting stores down here in Jax.

They tell me they haven't gotten any in - I've already paid.

Seems like there are plenty out there & the store, which I won't name (Shooter's) can't get one?

They're the biggest buyers here in the south.

Question: because I bought it when it first came out & paid low-ball are they bulls*ing me because they've already gotten my money? ...selling any that come in, in today's climate, at top dollar?

I realize this will only be opinion, but I am very interested.

Thank you.

-jb

Edited by stinsonbeach

Interesting that you say that. Seems to me there are lots to be had - to wit this forum discussion - but I may be wrong. I do lots of business w/ them so I was a bit put-out when I thought they were giving me the run-around. Maybe not after all...but they are, in fact, one of the biggest dealers around.

They are not easy to be had at all.... You did not say if it's a 24" or 22". Did you ask that you get whichever comes in first?? I'm in Vermont and dealers here haven't even seen one until I got mine here from Kentucky thanks to Enos members. So, I'm curious why you just can't get the money back and look elsewhere??? Good luck but I think your in for a long wait....

"NoSteel" - that actually makes me feel better about it because as I read the forums it seemed as if everyone had one.

The "Big Box Store" made me pay up front. It was a really good price - even at that time. I have, in fact, looked elsewhere & if one comes in I'll buy it too...but that is the reason I stuck w/ my original purchase as it was already paid for. One of the things that did bother me was one guy who barely has a shop got TWO & another small gun shop got one recently. It just seemed to me a big buyer should get preference, but who knows?

I got lucky and the Academy 10 min from my house had one. My inlaw originally put in on hold for him and then I talked him into a Rythem and i got the JM. I had another buddy that found a JM that was priced at $700 and he bought it

Edited by cajunautoxer

"Zmego" if you get lucky & find one, let me know ok? ...but I'm looking for a 22" - I know: picky-picky...!

"cajunautoxer" - I paid 600 so that's why I thought I got put to the bottom of the list!

Edited by stinsonbeach

"cajunautoxer" - just back from Academy.

Great prices on everything! I'll be going back there & really look around. Thanks for the turn-on.

They have the 930 JM pro but only in 24". Left msg. Let you know when they get back to me.

Thanks again.

I'm a dealer and have had 22's and 24's on order since early fall and not a one has showed up and this is from several distributors. I actually spoke

with Kay jokingly at Shot if she was going to help put some together and she simply said that Mossberg underestimated the sales volume of these by 10 fold. I'm betting the places that do have them in-stock have had orders placed for a long time.

"Matt W" - thanks & that does seem to be the situation. It's only I read here that people are modifying them for 3-gun so I thought - why I'm not really sure - they were available.

"cajunautoxer" - I'm sure, but 22" is quicker

"Travtastik" - I'm waiting to hear from them to see whether they have them in stock & what lengths.

"Matt W" - thanks & that does seem to be the situation. It's only I read here that people are modifying them for 3-gun so I thought - why I'm not really sure - they were available.

"cajunautoxer" - I'm sure, but 22" is quicker

"Travtastik" - I'm waiting to hear from them to see whether they have them in stock & what lengths.

No problem, I know they are out there, I'm just not sure I want to wait for one. I'd like two of them for the wife and I, besides the other people who want them. They are just so tempting with the price, It's hard to look at a SX3 or Versamax then have to put some money on top for a mag tube and other goodies. Even the plain 930's, SX3's, and VM's are hard to get anymore. I'm gonna keep my eyes on the marketplace too.

"cajunautoxer" - just back from Academy.

Great prices on everything! I'll be going back there & really look around. Thanks for the turn-on.

They have the 930 JM pro but only in 24". Left msg. Let you know when they get back to me.

Thanks again.

Academy just responded & they only have a 24" JM Pro.

If anyone wants it they probably should jump on it - quick!