Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 conversion questions. gen4

shootemups

Hey Y'all,

I am converting a gen4 g35 to 9mm. I have just about everything figured out but recoil springs. Going for major pf.

Must I get the dual spring setup again, if so which?

Or is there some kind of trick to use the gen3 spring and guide rod? (Preffered)

Also, an extractor of a g34 should be installed as.well?

Thanks for help guys!!!

9mm major only exists in open class. To score major in limited you gotta make power factor AND shoot something that starts with a .4 hence no 9mm, .38super, .357sig etc. that said 9mm major loads are not to be trifled with. Super easy to get bit!

Otherwise to answer your question,

Your best bet would to stick with the aftermarket guide rod so you can tune springs. OEM is 17 lbs. I run .40 and hot 9mm at 14 lbs. but really you have to experiment with it. Otherwise you also must change out both the extractor and ejector (easiest to just to the whole trigger housing) obviously mags too.

Thanks for.replies guys... I found a few threads with some good stuff. I ordered just about everything to convert to 9mm, with the complete Zev drop in trigger kit, comes with lightened firing pin, safety, and all springs.. I also got serving sights, mags, magwell, lonewolf conversion barrel, steel guide rod, the little bushing to allow for the gen 3 rod, and ismi spring #13...

About the last thing I'm researching is a need for a new extractor for the 9mm case???? From a 34, Or not needed? I'm looking at the one at midway made by lonewolf..

Your input is appreciated guys...

Ps. Ill stay a little above the 125pf floor for my loads as.well..

Edited by shootemups

Correct the gen 4 recoil system is different. I converted a 35 to a 9mm for 3 gun and it shoot great. I swapped:

Recoil spring

Ejector

Extractor, spring loaded bearing and spring

And of course the barrel. I like the barrel as its almost a "bull" barrel heavier the a normal 9 m&m Glock barrel. This gun shoots great and is one of my favorites. I know people trash the gen 4 recoil spring but I love them and have had zero issues with my several gen 4 9s. I know I might be lucky but I love the very gentle recoil and fast recovery of the gen 4 9mm s. I did a grip and beaver tail job along with a trigger.

Gen 4's run the same P.O.S. factory spring assy's for all 9mm and .40.

This is incorrect. Gen4's have different part numbers for 9mm & 40.

Hmmm. I got it straight from an aftermarket mfg that dual nested spring assy's are same for 9 and40.

Took it at face value as it has been true with previous gen 's

Have to do some research, thanks.

Initially some of the gen 4s shared recoil springs but there was a lot of issues.

Currently the gen 4 9's and 40's use different spring assemblies.

Full size gen 4 40's use a rsa that should be marked 0 1 4 on the back, part #spo7577

Full size gen 4 9's use the rsa that should e marked 0 2 4 on the back, part #spo8284

Just for fun I tried a 40 spring in my 9 and it was a no go. It wouldn't cycle with the heavier spring assembly.

Initially some of the gen 4s shared recoil springs but there was a lot of issues.

Currently the gen 4 9's and 40's use different spring assemblies.

Full size gen 4 40's use a rsa that should be marked 0 1 4 on the back, part #spo7577

Full size gen 4 9's use the rsa that should e marked 0 2 4 on the back, part #spo8284

Just for fun I tried a 40 spring in my 9 and it was a no go. It wouldn't cycle with the heavier spring assembly.

Right on, thanks.

Hey guys,

A few more questions.. As I am still waiting for my last few parts to come in I can not just test with a few dummy rounds, and this leads me to my question..

1. Will the current .40 extractor work on the 9mm cases?

(I see some post around the WWW that states the .40 extractor is best and will work fine)

2. Will the current .40 ejector work with a little help, like a slight bend?

Thanks!

The 9mm ejector is bent to the left of the pistol starting at trigger housing mech while the .40 is more straight. Sorry I don't have a pic, don't own a .40 anymore.

One of the classic ways to change ejection pattern is to alter the ejector angle. It acts as a pivot point. That doesn't mean that the .40 won't work. Just neet to try it with the ammo you expect to use.

Dave

I have just never heard of changing the ejector. I know people who have changed the barrel and that's it and they run fine. Most change the barrel and extractor. I have a spar 9mm ejector so if it seems i need it I can swap it out but for now i think it's going to be barrel and extractor only as it will be in a Gen 3 pistol so it's the same recoil spring.