Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trojan options

tohm

I have decided to purchase an STI 5" Trojan in 45 with a fiber sight option. I went to the web site and saw they have a bull barrel for no charge. Since I plan to order this is there any reason for going for the bull?

Most of the places where you can order Trojans charge the same $300 as STI for the factory chrome. When I got mine a year or so ago I got the blued finish. A few months later after tweaking the gun and adding a mag well and an ambi safety I decided to send it off to be hard chromed. Total for my chrome job including shipping the pistol was under $250. Food for thought.

post-40970-0-73996400-1347345626_thumb.j

If you are getting a new gun, I'd suggest sticking with the stock finish if you plan on making any changes to it. After you get it the way you like/want and have degraded the original finish thru use, then get it refinished in whichever one you want.

Have a trojan in 9mm one of my favorite. Added Ambi safteys, Ed brown extended magazine release then Ed's mag well. Once the trigger was tuned and everything blended sent it out for hard chrome. That was almost five years ago and the finish has held up very well. Have it chromed before adding parts and then you'll need to send those parts for chrome which might not match or have a multi finished pistol.

Edited by Bob DuBois

I have been in a personal battle between a 40 and 45 caliber. I reload 40's for competitive shooting (STI Edge) and it is nice to use small rifle primers in 40 and 223 but i always wanted a nice 45.

It all depends on what your intentions are with the gun. I started with a Kimber 45 and it was a real nice gun, but as I started thinking about getting into the competitive side of shooting the pros outweighed the cons of a 40 vs. 45. The 40 has less recoil, more capacity (doesnt really matter in SS or L10), and is much cheaper to reload and shoot.

There you go making perfect sense :D I have a 45 Kimber also for defense and have an Edge in 40 that I shot (and reload) competition at the club level with. I wanted another single stack and have been struggling between the calibers. The problem is within 24 hours of the purchase I will regret not getting the other one. The reason i got the Edge was I had a Colt with 10 round magazines and i was shooting heads up against 20 round magazines.

45 = What i want

40 = What i need

Decisions Decisions

There you go making perfect sense :D I have a 45 Kimber also for defense and have an Edge in 40 that I shot (and reload) competition at the club level with. I wanted another single stack and have been struggling between the calibers. The problem is within 24 hours of the purchase I will regret not getting the other one. The reason i got the Edge was I had a Colt with 10 round magazines and i was shooting heads up against 20 round magazines.

45 = What i want

40 = What i need

Decisions Decisions

My grandfather rest his soul told me a great piece of advice. "You gotta fill your needs before you fill your wants boy"

Rings true everyday

tohm. i was in your same boat last week, couldn't decide on either .40 /.45. as i already load load for .40 and can use for limited 10, ss and shoot minor i went an ordered sti trjoan in.40crp. still might consider getting a .45 why??? cause i want one. so now i filled my needs now i will go after my wants. hope this helps get both its only money. might as well spend it for the government gets it.

Bought mine threw pusl the new guy on this site and its incredible 9mm and the frame is hard chromed plus great trigger job

Love this gun!

That is the one gun I kick myself for selling!! I really want another one. It was/is a great shooter...

IMAG0326-1.jpg

and i kick myself everyday for not being quick enough to get it.....damn offshore internet slowness.......