Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS for Everyone?

hoghunter

• 2 weeks later...

I actually found a CZ TS 9mm at a LGS. I almost fainted. The TS is a beast of a gun. I'm a big guy with long hands and I thought I'd like the TS but the grip did not feel as good in my hands as i was hoping. I was also surprised that the front post was just a black blade. Trigger was interesting and something I've not experienced before. The reset was short but not very tactile. I guess I was expecting a little more for the $1280 price tag. All of these are just personal preferences so no offense to anyone who feels otherwise. I'm glad I was able to find a TS and I think it helped me move toward a Shadow or some other nameless firearm brand.

Hog Hunter,

You sound exactly like I did when my LGS had a 9mm TS on the shelf: "what's with this cheesy plastic magwell and trigger?" "why are the sights so tall?" "the grip sucks!" "that's a lot of dough for a CZ". I had a relative who could not stop talking about his TS, but I just didn't get it???

Then one night I was shooting a steel match and between stages I saw a TS .40 in the rental rack, so I finished the match with it and fell in love. Once I did a few unloaded starts with my new TS, the big rear sight felt like it was made to rack the slide. I also run Hogue rubber grips on mine.

The TS is specifically designed for USPSA Limited division, so if that's not what you're interested in shooting, it's a lot of extra money. In limited you need .40 to shoot major, so with a standard frame .40, you're limited to about 14 rounds, but with the TS, you can get 21. That's the big appeal.

If you just want to punch holes in paper, an SP01 in 9mm is the best CZ option in my opinion.

i recently had to make the same decision and figured that one gun couldn't do everything i wanted it to so i got the 75 Shadow in 9mm from CZ Custom and a CTS in 40cal i found for sale in the classifieds of this forum, but if i had to only get one and wanted the most options for competition then i would have just gotten the 75 Shadow in 9mm, with it you can compete in IDPA SSP, IDPA ESP, and USPSA Production

just my .02

Gator098 is right on the money. The TS is a great gun that can only be used in Limited, however, I love the balance of the CZ-75 shadow. It's a smooth gun as well.

But is sooooo much fun to use in Limited (and IPSC Standard) :0)

Gator098 is right on the money. The TS is a great gun that can only be used in Limited, however, I love the balance of the CZ-75 shadow. It's a smooth gun as well.

But is sooooo much fun to use in Limited (and IPSC Standard) :0)

Even just for plinking the TS is still a lot of fun!