Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS for Everyone?

hoghunter

Been reading the forums and tracking down as much info as I can on the CZ TS. I see all the posts about split times, major, minor classes, etc. I'm just an everyday guy that unfortunately does not have the time to invest in the shooting sports. Just a weekend a month getting to the range is all I can do with kids, work, etc. Last thing I want to do is "over buy" on a pistol but that TS has drawn my attention. I'm a tall guy (6'5" 250#) with long hands (not bear paws) gotta believe from what I'm reading that the TS may fit like a glove. Like most CZs you gotta buy sight unseen. I was heavily leaning SP-01 Shadow but the SA trigger on the TS sounds awesome. The threads regarding FTE/FTF are concerning. Sounds like removing the buffer solved that issue. Do you all feel like the TS is a gun that someone who gets to the range every now and again would enjoy? The trigger on the HK P30L sucks worse than any gun I've owned and I am desiring a phenomenal trigger. They do run a local IDPA style event at my range but not sure if they run all the rules (weight/size). I'm guessing that if it was a by the book IDPA that this gun would be allowed. So, is the TS a gun that would be recommended? Thanks

Are you kidding me!!! It's awesome. I just bought one and its one hell of a gun. I can't say enough good things about it, but I like heavier guns. It's as accurate as many high dollar pistols, recoil is soft and did I say just fun to shoot! This is my second CZ the other a Shadow Custom, the trigger on the TS is amazing for a factory trigger hell even feels better than a lot of trigger job guns I felt. Do yourself a favor and buy it. And yes ditch the buffer mine didn't even come installed and never missed a beat. If your on the fence about it get your ass down and pick one up lol.

Read my post about my TS

Edited by G34 CORDY

Hoghunter I have at least one of each of the pistols you mentioned. My two P30s and one P30L are all the LEM trigger. While my SP01 Shadow Target and my Tactical Sport (actually a CZ Custom CTS) have outstanding triggers, my P30s with LEM are all servicable. I sent my P30L to Bruce Gray for his magic; you might want to consider that rather than an entirely new pistol.

Toss the recoil buff, get an extra strength extractor spring (you probably need to trim a coil or so off) and your FTE/FTF issues are gone. Personally I run an 11#RS and 13# MS. It is a solid gun that I have run for almost 6 years.

Edited to add the TS is not legal for any IDPA division. If you want to shoot an IDPA legal gun I would recommend the CZ 75 Shadow. Basically a Shadow with a short dustcover so you don't have to worry about making weight. Nice gun.

Edited by Neomet

Hoghunter I have at least one of each of the pistols you mentioned. My two P30s and one P30L are all the LEM trigger. While my SP01 Shadow Target and my Tactical Sport (actually a CZ Custom CTS) have outstanding triggers, my P30s with LEM are all servicable. I sent my P30L to Bruce Gray for his magic; you might want to consider that rather than an entirely new pistol.

I thought about Grey Guns, but the P30L just isn't what I thought it would be. That long slide stop causes me issues and the trigger trough is a PITA on my trigger finger. I know, all correctable with a new slim slide stop and a a grip change. I guess I'm just getting too old to change my grip to accommodate a gun- LOL! But the HK is rock solid reliable. Last thing I want is a gun I gotta fiddle with to get right (FTE, FTF, etc). If I wanted to trim coils I'd get another Kahr ( man that was a frustrating gun).

I thought about Grey Guns, but the P30L just isn't what I thought it would be. That long slide stop causes me issues and the trigger trough is a PITA on my trigger finger. I know, all correctable with a new slim slide stop and a a grip change. I guess I'm just getting too old to change my grip to accommodate a gun- LOL! But the HK is rock solid reliable. Last thing I want is a gun I gotta fiddle with to get right (FTE, FTF, etc). If I wanted to trim coils I'd get another Kahr ( man that was a frustrating gun).

I havnt had any problems out of my TS yet still to early to tell and my Shadow is around 3-4 years old and havnt even had to change springs and still runs like a top. It sounds like you need a Glock if you dont need to mess with it lol. But seriously the TS is well worth it but you can only be the one that can make that choice. Those expensive 2011's needs some love and maintenance to keep them up to snuff but man do they run. If I have to change a spring or ejector at so many thousand of rounds then so be it to have a nice gun that shoots and handles like a dream. Hope you find what your looking for trust me I have been through alot of guns in this sport to find what I like.

I havnt had any problems out of my TS yet still to early to tell and my Shadow is around 3-4 years old and havnt even had to change springs and still runs like a top. It sounds like you need a Glock if you dont need to mess with it lol. But seriously the TS is well worth it but you can only be the one that can make that choice. Those expensive 2011's needs some love and maintenance to keep them up to snuff but man do they run. If I have to change a spring or ejector at so many thousand of rounds then so be it to have a nice gun that shoots and handles like a dream. Hope you find what your looking for trust me I have been through alot of guns in this sport to find what I like.

You've been through a lot of guns....cause you wouldn't listen! ;)

Edited by GrumpyOne

Grumpy you know you have alot of guns yourself silly goose! The good thing about it is now I know almost ever gun on the market and what I like now and lucky for me guns hold there value for the most part and get out of them for almost what I pay for them. But now I have a nice alittle group of guns that have a purpose.

I'm a guy that fits your basic demographic at 6' 4" 250+. The TS does a good job of filling up my hands without being too big. I had the checkering removed and the grip recontoured to be a little more like my single stack by Akai Custom Guns. With the checkering gone and the triggerguard undercut, it handles even better than stock. I've shot the CTS, but I think I like the long dust cover a little better than the short dust cover. Extractor springs, sear spring and trigger return springs will need replaced every couple of years, sooner if you dry fire a lot. Recoil springs need to be checked regularly. Slide stops probably need to be changed at the beginning of each shooting season.

Gordy- my Glock days are LONG behind me. After three tries hoping I wouldn't get the brass to face again and three strikes- I'm out! I'm really down to the CZ SP-01 Shadow Custom and the Tac Sport at this point. Can't get both so my choice has to be right. Tough time deciding.

Gordy- my Glock days are LONG behind me. After three tries hoping I wouldn't get the brass to face again and three strikes- I'm out! I'm really down to the CZ SP-01 Shadow Custom and the Tac Sport at this point. Can't get both so my choice has to be right. Tough time deciding.

What will you be using the gun for? Any matches or just plinking?

What will you be using the gun for? Any matches or just plinking?

Right now just plinking. One day if like to get into something casual. I'll never be that pro shooter that is all consumed with split times. I just enjoy shooting. My local club does IDPA but I don't think it's a by the rule book event. Leaning SP-01 Shadow because of the rail (add TRL-1 for HD) but I can put the light on the Rem 870 for HD. I'm just so torn between the Shadow and TS. I know the 75B Shadow would be IDPA legal but I just like the look of the SP-01 better. But that TS is so sexy. But they do sell a two-tone Shadow from CZ Custom as well. Too many choices.

The TS won't be legal if you shoot IDPA but is more built for USPSA limited comp style games. Iam not sure if the Shadow is iDPA legal since I don't shoot or keep up with IDPA. But I can tell you the Shadow that I have anyway is amazing but its a CZ Customs gun. Great gun to shoot, accurate, very soft shooting being a all metal gun. It's the most comfortable pistol I have ever held, its hard to tell you which one to buy because you have to make that call. The TS is a great shooter and gamer gun I bought one to use in limited. You will not be disappointed with either gun trust me I have both two of my favorite guns I have owned so far.

Hog hunter, once you try competition, punching holes in paper at the range just won't feel the same.

No one says you have to pick just one CZ; are you a tinkerer? If so it might be fun to pick up a used 75b, do your own trigger job, shoot some IDPA and fall in love.

I'll warn you, if you start with the TS, nothing else will do. Out of the box it has a sub 2# match trigger and it only gets better from there.

Hog hunter, once you try competition, punching holes in paper at the range just won't feel the same.

No one says you have to pick just one CZ; are you a tinkerer? If so it might be fun to pick up a used 75b, do your own trigger job, shoot some IDPA and fall in love.

I'll warn you, if you start with the TS, nothing else will do. Out of the box it has a sub 2# match trigger and it only gets better from there.

I am not a tinkerer. I am no gunsmith and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! I read all kinds of threads about guys polishing this and buffing that- well that ain't me. I used to laugh at the guys who worried about triggers, well now I have become that trigger snob. The P30L DA is absolutely dreadful. The triggers on my Shield and P7 PSP are light years better. I am really leaning towards a SAO trigger but I hear the DA/SA trigger work from CZCUSTOM (Stuart) is amazing. If I could actually find a TS to hold it would likely help in the decision making.

Iam staying in a Holiday Inn Express right now lol. Out of town for work. The TS trigger is awesome Iam very pleased with it but my Shadow Custom trigger is very sweet also now they the short reset trigger for the Shadow that I will have soon enough. To be honest the factory TS trigger don't need anymore work its great but I like to tinker so Iam going for the CZ Custom hammer, springs and flat metal trigger just to see how that is. If you were in Texas you could shoot both of mine.