Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I cant find a mag HELP

Boriqua

I have a Witness match in 40s&W

I ordered a MG61-40 MEC-GAR Tanfoglio LF Magazine 40sw.

That is exactly what it says on the receipt. I know high caps went like hot cakes on all the other manufacturers so I dont figure I can find one of those but I only have the one mag that I trust and want to get a second mag. Problem is I go to gun broker and most people just list their mags as fitting witness. I just ordered a 12 rounder and it wouldn't fit my gun although the gentleman thought it might fit the full size steel. I don't want those horrid mags with the spacer in the front and the red follower. I have 2 and dont trust them. So where can I find a second magazine. I know mec gar was making them without the spacer. Anyone be able to at least give me the model number so I can search the internet. Its fine if its not a 17 rd. I would like to get at least 12 but if 10 is all they made then I guess that would have to do. Also .. I would like a replacement spring for the one I have listed above. Any chance of that? THANK YOU for any help.

Alex

Boriqua- I have a Witness Match purchased new in January of last year and the mag that came with my gun is a fourteen rounder with a spacer at the back (inside) of the mag and has a black follower, the markings on the mag are "K-40" and "FT-Made in Italy".

Gregcotellc.com has them listed as out of stock, but here's the description from his website: EAA Witness, Tanfoglio 14 RD .40 S&W Large Frame MGWIT40LFAFC $24.95

Mec-Gar EAA Witness, Tanfoglio 14 round .40 S&W magazine with the anti-friction coating MGWIT40LFAFC. These magazines are for the large frame EAA Witness, Tanfoglio. Mec-Gar is now the OEM supplier of Tanfoglio magazines and these are Mec-Gar's aftermarket version of the factory magazines they make.

EAA (eaacorp.com) has them listed as backordered but the description from their site is: "EA40M2005 15RD #101940" at $25 each if you buy more than one.

gunsprings.com has the springs for the Match listed under "EAA Witness- longslide version" on their website.

Mine is a blast, have fun shooting your's.

PS: I usually load twelve rounds until the springs are broken in as I cut my thumb on the feed lips and bled all over the magazine because of the amount of force I had to use to get fourteen in there when it was new. So I wouldn't be concerned about whether it says 14 or 15 rounds on the mag; because to me its not worth the hassle to get the last round in there, at least until they're well broken in.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

PS: I usually load twelve rounds until the springs are broken in as I cut my thumb on the feed lips and bled all over the magazine because of the amount of force I had to use to get fourteen in there when it was new. So I wouldn't be concerned about whether it says 14 or 15 rounds on the mag; because to me its not worth the hassle to get the last round in there, at least until they're well broken in.

Great tool to make your mag loading experience better http://www.midwayusa.com/product/952670/maglula-uplula-pistol-magazine-loader-and-unloader-polymer-black

Edited by e-mishka

Boriqua- I have a Witness Match purchased new in January of last year and the mag that came with my gun is a fourteen rounder with a spacer at the back (inside) of the mag and has a black follower, the markings on the mag are "K-40" and "FT-Made in Italy".

Gregcotellc.com has them listed as out of stock, but here's the description from his website: EAA Witness, Tanfoglio 14 RD .40 S&W Large Frame MGWIT40LFAFC $24.95

Mec-Gar EAA Witness, Tanfoglio 14 round .40 S&W magazine with the anti-friction coating MGWIT40LFAFC. These magazines are for the large frame EAA Witness, Tanfoglio. Mec-Gar is now the OEM supplier of Tanfoglio magazines and these are Mec-Gar's aftermarket version of the factory magazines they make.

EAA (eaacorp.com) has them listed as backordered but the description from their site is: "EA40M2005 15RD #101940" at $25 each if you buy more than one.

gunsprings.com has the springs for the Match listed under "EAA Witness- longslide version" on their website.

Mine is a blast, have fun shooting your's.

THANK YOU !!

e-mishka- Thanks. That looks really useful especially for the last round or two, but for that much money I could buy another magazine (when they are available again- unless the politicians enact magazine capacity limits before the shortage eases).

Boriqua- You're welcome. I vacationed for two weeks in a relative's condo in Fajardo right at the marina and it was heaven on earth.

Edited by jmbaccolyte