Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ready tactical revolver holster

Dragon11

Anybody use the Ready Tactical revolver holster for USPSA. I currently use a Blade Tech DOH for my 625, but was looking at the Ready Tactical so I could use the same holster in USPSA and IDPA. Yes, I know I can take off the drop shank on my Blade Tech and mount it higher, just think the Ready Tactical looked practical and was wondering if anybody had any experience with it.

I have been using the Blade Tech DOH for a couple of years now. Three seperate times the spacer bar that allows you to adjust for different belt thicknesses has popped out. I prefer the kydex holsters to the CR Speed or Ghost, I like the simplicity and they feel safer to me. I have talked to several people who use the Ready Tactical for IDPA and ICORE but didn't know if anybody used it for USPSA in revolver. I was considering the Ready Tactical or a Comp Tac, would like to use the same holster for all three different games.

Ready Tactical makes a great holster. I've had one for my L-frame for over 8 years and it still works great. I believe the security of this type holster far outweighs any minute difference in draw speed you get with a skeleton holster. If I didn't have my Comp-Tac Locking Paddle for my 625, I'd probably have a Ready Tactical for it.

RT is as good as any other kydex holster. The fit and finish is above the rest. For me it is a now brainer. RT's are better. If Bladetek or Com-tac would take back my holster in exchange for Ready Tacticals I would exchange them today. Chris Patty at CPWSA is a great guy to deal with as well.

The info you guys gave me pushed me over the cliff, I ordered an RT holster today for my 625. I believed I talked to Chris, he said they are on back order and should be in at anytime. Looking forward to getting it and putting it to use.

Chris made me a DOH revolver holster for my 627 that I use in ICORE, and it is awesome! It comes out of the holster smoothly and very fast, but it is still held in securely. I even stood next to my couch and smacked the butt of the gun repeatedly trying to knock the gun out of the holster, and it stayed put! As a matter of fact, I have been so impressed with Ready Tactical products that I now have a DOH holster for my M&P, single pouches for my M&P mags as well as my Glock mags, and two AR-15 mag pouches for 3-gun.

Chris Stewart is a great guy to work with, and his distributor at CPWSA is a good guy as well!

Edited by S&W627shooter