Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do You Sight in Your AR?

Lifeislarge

Do like the bolt gun shooters do...remove the bolt, clamp the top end down so it won't move, and view through the barrel to a target spot downrange. Then without touching the top end, view through the scope...adjust scope as necessary to bring your dot/crosshairs on the spot you have seen through the barrel. This will get you on paper first shot...Then finish up using your old fashion style to zero it in.

The laser boresighter works great too. That's what I now use for pistols and rifles. My open pistol lost zero 2 weeks ago (lock screw loosened). When I got home I slide in the boresighter and it was definitly off...readjusted, went to the range, and back on zero now.

This...

Do like the bolt gun shooters do...remove the bolt, clamp the top end down so it won't move, and view through the barrel to a target spot downrange. Then without touching the top end, view through the scope...adjust scope as necessary to bring your dot/crosshairs on the spot you have seen through the barrel. This will get you on paper first shot...Then finish up using your old fashion style to zero it in.

This...

LOL me too. I thought the rifle shooters at the club were BSing me. So I brought it to the range and handed it to them while I helped with new member orientation. They brought it back in about an hour. They used 5 or 6 rounds and it was dead on.