Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip tape on shotgun, thoughts?

Zmego

I recently had my shotgun stock cerakoted and now it feels a little more slick than it used to. Combine that with my usually sweaty hands and I wonder if I should use some grip tape on my shotgun. Do many people do it? I don't know if the recoil with tear up my hands or not. Thoughts?

I recently had my shotgun stock cerakoted and now it feels a little more slick than it used to. Combine that with my usually sweaty hands and I wonder if I should use some grip tape on my shotgun. Do many people do it? I don't know if the recoil with tear up my hands or not. Thoughts?

i tried skeat board tape. mooosed off after every 3 gun

went to a tennis shop bought the grip wrap for racket handles.. my ugly ass 1100 (beat to shit anyway. 12 yrs shooting 3 gun)

will be the only 1100 with yellow grip tape in the shoot. works and stays on for yrs

good luck

jjw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried grip tape and never got a good "fit" using it.

In stead of stippling the stocks I applied a very thin skim coat of black 2-part epoxy and sprinkled it with a fine sized, black colored sand blasting media. Let it dry and shake off the excess and it was GTG. I also used the same process to build up a "plam swell" to make the gun fill my strong hand better. Additionally, there are many different sized grits and colors available to mix and match depending on gun finish/color or type of surface you prefer.