Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alright need some help in here.

RangeJunkie

^^^^^^

What he said. You changed two things and the problem arose. I would look at those two things. As I recall Gman Bart had issues like this with his gun running a 90 degree mount. Went back to vertical and the problems stopped. Theory was that it was some weird harmonics thing. Darned if I know if that is what it is but regardless going back to the vertical mount was the answer.

One last thing. You have a new mount so make sure your screws do not protrude past the inside of the dustcover. If they do at all it will cause the slide to drag and cause these kinds of issues. Different mounts are different thicknesses.

They are pretty much perfectly flush. I can't imagine them dragging hardly any, it at all.

Like I said early my friend down the street just installed ones and his screws stick out a lot further than mine and his still runs.

One thing I thought about, after tuning my mags I noticed the bullets ride "lower" in the mag.

Could this have anything to do with it?

Or is it just planning a short stroking issue?

One last thing. You have a new mount so make sure your screws do not protrude past the inside of the dustcover. If they do at all it will cause the slide to drag and cause these kinds of issues. Different mounts are different thicknesses.

If you don't already, put a little grease on the bottom of the barrel where the guide rod rides and a little grease on the inside edge of the slide where the guide rod might rub. I use rig in these areas. CLP everywhere else. Well except the bottom of the slide where the plunger rides gets a little rigg.

Look for burrs on the inside edges of the slide and the bottom of the barrel.

Make sure you are putting the open end of the recoil spring towards the reverse plug.

Now cock the hammer and work the slide slowly it should be nice and smooth.

Try the easy stuff first, borrow a mag.

Next take the mount off, just fire at the berm, if it works you found if not repace ejector.

If the mount rubs just cut a small piece of sheet metal and drill it and put it under the mount. I had a BRILEY that was mounted like that.

Take the mount of, chamber a round, take the mag out and just shoot into the berm. If it does not work look at everything real close. Check your slide to make sure it's not cracked. If it runs then try it with a mag. Have to break it down and see what the issues are. I have a feeling it's right there just not being seen.