Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to use to remove the 550B upper link arm bushings?

I know Dillon has a tool for it, but I'd rather not wait weeks for appears to just be a rod of certain length and diameter which will fit through the right arm bushing to remove the left arm bushing.

It's time to clean and lube the press and don't want to take a steel punch to the parts if it will cause any damage to the bushings.

I guess an alternative would be to just get some grease on the upper link arm bushings via the small holes drilled in the press, but I don't have a syringe capable of getting my bearing grease in there. Guess that begs a second question, what grease gun/syringe does one use to get bearing grease in the holes located in the press?

Thanks

Eric

I know Dillon has a tool for it, but I'd rather not wait weeks for appears to just be a rod of certain length and diameter which will fit through the right arm bushing to remove the left arm bushing.

It's time to clean and lube the press and don't want to take a steel punch to the parts if it will cause any damage to the bushings.

I guess an alternative would be to just get some grease on the upper link arm bushings via the small holes drilled in the press, but I don't have a syringe capable of getting my bearing grease in there. Guess that begs a second question, what grease gun/syringe does one use to get bearing grease in the holes located in the press?

Thanks

Eric

It's a bitch without the right tool. I ended up damaging an arm and had to buy a new one.

Thanks for the link. Just put grease in the hole until it's full and then work the press in order to get it spread around inside the bushing and repeat until any resistance in the movement is removed? I broke down the rest of the press tonight and the resistance is definitely localized to these bushings. Everything else was moving smoothly once the system was broken down to stand alone joints.

Thanks

Eric