Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Glasses for 3 Gun ?

swandme

My Darling Bride offered to buy me a pair off Shooting Glasses for our Anniversary

I am looking mostly at the Rudy Project Glasses

Please share any Pros and Cons and if you know the Rudy product well please tell me the model with the

thinest bows to be worn with Muffs. Also if there is another brand to consider i would appreciate your thoughts

I like the Light Red so far

Thanks

Dan

PS I did a search and only for details on a nice 35% off discount Code for Rudy so far

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

The 2alpha code is now PISTOL and its 35% off.

Rudy Project Sunglasses USA Dealer Forum Area

E-Rudy Website

XX2i Optics

KGENTRY

Captain

Rudy Project USA Shooting Teams

Coupon code for 35% off! PISTOL

I use the Magsters and sometimes Rydons. The Magsters have thinner arms. They work well for 3 gun, the adjustable nose piece lets you get them higher up if you're shooting a prone stage so the frame isn't in your way. When I ran a red fiber optic I used the ImpactX Photochromic Red lenses. They worked well in almost all light conditions. I still carried a set of clear lenses in case we had to do something like shoot in a cave or at night.

I use Bolle' and really like them.....but glasses are so personal.

I do like a rose colored lens.....yes....rose colored glasses.

They give just enough shade from the sun and make orange stand out like fire in the dark.

I've been told by eye doctors, that darker shades can actually cut your reaction time.....however, it's measured in milliseconds....so it is probably a non issue. I personally never liked dark shades, settled on rose colored (pink) and it works on cloudy days, sunny days, inside, etc. good all around. I say 'good' all around.....as I am sure there is no "great" all around lens.

Disclaimer......I am colorblind and i have a problem seeing orange in the grass and bushes.....so the rose colored glasses are a must for me.

Tim

I recently changed to the Rudy's Genetyk. I prefer the single lense rather than two separate lenses. They are really comfortable and are really clear. I have the racing red color and the clear for dark houses etc

Any decent sunglasses that are not too dark, lightweight, have silicon nose rest, don't rub behind ears, and hopefully make me look cooler than I am.

Bad, or uncomfortable eyewear can really make a 3 day match less enjoyable.

Edited by Lead-Head

I had a couple of pair of Sun Buster " Dude " models and I really liked them because the bows were very thin and made of coated

bendable wire and they would take the shape of your head and no pain from wearing Muffs all day.

Sadly the are no longer available

Decot. They are shooters. Made a set for me with the dominant eye lens set up to focus on the pistol front sight, off eye handles distance. Works great. Front sight is in focus, so is the target. Not cheap. Very thin, wire bows that work well under muffs.

Same here. I ended up with multiple lenses and colors to cover everything from iron sights to optics and day or night. Easy to change lenses and comfortable under muffs.

I have a pair of Randolph Rangers. The lenses are amazing. I went with them because I could get my prescription made into the lense. I don't like looking through two lenses, especially in the heat and humidity.

Pilla is another brand that a lot of the shotgunners like. I looked into them but they have a Rx insert.

Decot. They are shooters. Made a set for me with the dominant eye lens set up to focus on the pistol front sight, off eye handles distance. Works great. Front sight is in focus, so is the target. Not cheap. Very thin, wire bows that work well under muffs.

Another happy Decot user. Since I have both astigmatism and age related Farsightedness they customized the lenses for both conditions. I can see my front sight with my pistol, as well as see the distant targets with Rifle.

• 4 weeks later...

Has any one tried

http://www.esseyepro.com

I have two pair of ESS Crossbows and they work fine for shooting pistol. However, the prescription insert is fairly small which causes me a problem with shooting rifle. You end up looking through the upper corner of the RX. Since these need to be taken apart to be cleaned, they probably don't get cleaned as often as they should.

I swear by my Rudy's. I'd had them two years, and I got hit in the face by a soccer ball. (They are extremely dangerous by the way and I hear they may be banned) Anyhow, Rudy replaced all the lenses, the frame parts that keep them together and some other small parts, and only charged me $15 for shipping. This was on TWO YEAR OLD PESCRIPTION GLASSES. I'm a customer for life.