Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

200gr RN BBI bullet clay loads

R1valdez

Here is what I get with a 200gr LSWC.

Clays.jpg Average Velocities taken with the PT-1911 5" Taurus. Reason for the different averages is that a # of gun writers say that the best 3 of 5 off a rest will equal 5 from a Ransom rest. I've tried it and it seems a pretty accurate theory.

Edited by Steve RA

Here is what I get with a 200gr LSWC.

Clays.jpg Average Velocities taken with the PT-1911 5" Taurus. Reason for the different averages is that a # of gun writers say that the best 3 of 5 off a rest will equal 5 from a Ransom rest. I've tried it and it seems a pretty accurate theory.

Thanks Steve! I'll load up some 4.3 and 4.4 and see what I get. Guess its okay to go above book max load.

I found the problem with a Coated bulllet like the BBI 200 is it needs a longer oal, it has a small shoulder, and then seemed to back out easier than lead or plated. If I tried to load it by rolling over that shoulder it collapsed the bullet way too deep.

Load I used.

1.250 OAL, F150 primer, 4.5 Clays, .465 Taper gave 838 f/s, just made PF in my 625.

I found the problem with a Coated bulllet like the BBI 200 is it needs a longer oal, it has a small shoulder, and then seemed to back out easier than lead or plated. If I tried to load it by rolling over that shoulder it collapsed the bullet way too deep.

Load I used.

1.250 OAL, F150 primer, 4.5 Clays, .465 Taper gave 838 f/s, just made PF in my 625.

It seems like my Springfield TRP likes it on the longer side too.