Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to do with 230grn jacketed rainer bullets I have?

fudd

OK guys do not know if this is the right place to post, but here goes.

I have shot a few ICore local matches and have be using Doug Carden's,, 180grn jacketed rn Icore loads, very good ammo and good guy to deal with.

My question is I would like to reload my own practice loads. My problem is I have about 2000 rainer 230 grain jacketed hollow points that I would like to use up.

Any body have any ideas if this is feasable or is it to much of a stretch, that is POA would be to different.

Or should I just bite the bullet and get me some 180 grn Rn platted bullets.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and any load data would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

Load a few and see where they hit. If you need to move the sight just remember the number of clicks, or in my case I need to write it down. Bullets are like currency, you can always sell, trade or keep them for later.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=74

Edited by toothguy

Nope. Loosen it up a little bit, and turn the crimp down until there is no rough edge on the brass mouth. That is all you need. When you run your finger across the bullet onto the brass it should be smooth.

Have fun!

DougD

Thanks.

I ran 1K of them with about 4 grains of clays IIRC when I first got my 625. Needed to make major. Everybody thought I was shooting factory defensive ammo at club matches. I didn't mind them since I got a good deal and they went in plenty fast. They were round enough nosed.