Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Member Classifications

lndshrk

In the last Front Sight, there was a notice that the August classifiers would be the ones used for the nationals. Therefore I assumed that there would be no update before the nationals ended. I would expect that once all the USPSA staff gets back to the home office, that updating the classification data base would be on their list of t hings to do. Probably be the end of this coming week, but that is just a guess on my part.

iirc, the cut-off date for monthly information is the 10th.  They do seem to be a touch behind this month.

This usually happens when the staff is busy supporting the Nationals. I would expect to see them next week when everyone is back in the office.

Thanks for that update, Rob. Would be nice for them to place a little note on the web page to that effect.... :D

I kinda thought the Nationals might be holding up the updateing of classifier database. It's just my luck it happens the month I expect to move up. (from D to C, not a big deal)

Is anyone else being denied access to the USPSA members area?

I just updated Windows XP and I can't seem to get in.

George

Steve Z makes M class  :P  :D  B) 
slight change

Well...its not official until THEY say its official. :D Hopefully it will be next week....I've been waiting...and waiting...and waiting some more for it to show up on the website or in the mail. Usually the mail beats the website by a day or so for me...since I live about 50 miles from Sedro.

I'm still missing classifiers from June and July.

USPSA HQ sets asige ALL classifiers submitted by the end of the day on the 10th, and does the update as soon as they are processed - which is one of the reasons they generally are our a couple of days later.

If classifiers are missing, it means one of three things:

1. They were submitted after the last "10th of the month" cutoff date

2. The club has not yet submitted them.

3. Error - wrong competitor number on reporting form, etc.

There are a couple of other things that can happen too.

If you zero a classifier, it won't appear in your report on the web site.

Sometimes a club will submit scores, but will submit payment later. They don't get processed until Val gets the $$$.

Sometimes a club will submit scores, but will submit payment later. They don't get processed until Val gets the $$$.

If your club uses the on-line classifier submission system, you can track the progress from the instant the scores are uploaded (ie, see if they are "uploaded but not paid", "uploaded and awaiting next monthly update", etc. Go to www.uspsa.org and select

"Addiitonal Content", then the "Classifier and match uploading" link.

This status will not show the hit factor percent, just the hit factors, division, first name + last initial, etc.

If you club is still submitting classifiers via paper report, ask "why?".