Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in Trigger question for G34

Mike41

What is the best drop in trigger for the G34 gen 4 for IDPA SSP?

Dawson Challenger Kit $135

Glockworx Zev tech standard -complete kit $130

Vanek GSSF kit $150

Other? Please comment on other options and why.

Thanks,

mike

There is a vanek in the 35 I just bought and to me it's nothing more than a adjustable OT housing and some trigger polish. Maybe some reduced pret travel

I'm thinking of getting the Ultimate Trigger kits from GW one production the other the fulcrum

I have run, or currently run every option you listed. By far and wide, the best trigger I've ever run is a Carver Super Sport with a wide/adjustable GW trigger pad. I have them in my G17 Open, and my G35 Lim set ups.

I still run a Vanek in my G34 production gun. It just works well for me, so I'll stick with it for as long as I own the gun.

after couples extended sessions with my new RY phantom triggers( G17 +G35) can't find anything wrong with them.

reset is a bit shorter than OEM, i adjusted the pre travel of the 17 at 0, and it worked fine, safety still works flawlessly .

the only thing i would have liked is a lower break weight, but it doesn't matter really. at 100 $ ,the units i got works as expected, i like the larger pad and the fact the safety tab runs flush with the pad . no more sore finger tip

I've found that you can get just as good of a trigger by using OME parts and lighter springs and doing it yourself. Pretravel can be shorten by bending the bar that connects the trigger spring. Polish all the parts and putting in some lighter springs and you've got a great trigger for a fraction of the price. Just my opinion.

I've found that you can get just as good of a trigger by using OME parts and lighter springs and doing it yourself. Pretravel can be shorten by bending the bar that connects the trigger spring. Polish all the parts and putting in some lighter springs and you've got a great trigger for a fraction of the price. Just my opinion.

Agreed on the polish job, dropped in a 3.5# connector & spring, lighter striker block spring, and then hit all the wear surfaces with some Mothers alum polish and the results are pretty decent for the time/cash.

Are you adding a little spring preload to shorten the pretravel?

I have the EDGE Competition Trigger System in one of my 34 gen 4's the other I have the 25cent mod. The 25cent mod has nothing on the the EDGE kit. I'm getting a new kit for that one, not sure witch one yet. But I'm sure anyone of the triggers kits you choose would work just fine.

I voted other.

After trying most stuff out there I have found that OEM components with the exception of a good 3.5 connector and a reduced power striker spring with recoil spring tuned to be compatible works for me. Of course polishing appropriate parts is needed too. Finish it off with either installing your own over travel screw or buying pre drilled housing. This results in an acceptable glock trigger for me. I have learned not to chase after a "nice" trigger wih the glock platform, if you need a light crisp trigger look elsewhere. Then you are only $40 into it with a still blah trigger instead of a $250 blah trigger.