Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multiple 9mm loads and M&P Pro

ranger

Went to range today with multiple containers of reloaded 9mm. Just wanted to share some observations. Did not chrono, did not shoot for groups. Nothing scientific here - just a warm January day to shoot here in north GA!

All reloads shot through a S&W M&P PRO 9mm with APEX competition kit and factory OEM recoil spring. All reloaded on a Dillon 550 with - gasp - Lee carbide dies and Lee autodisk power drop.

150 Grain Lead SWC, 3.8 WSF, Remington Small Pistol Primers - 100% reliable, reasonable recoil, knocked down steel with authority, consistently hit 6 inch plates at 25 yards. My favorite current load in the M&P PRO. But, I am out of my stash of 150 LSWC projectiles and may be moving to 124 FMJ or 124 Bayous (on order).

122 Grain Lead TC, 3.1 Clays, Remington Small Pistol Primers - 100% reliable, VERY low recoil, brass literally falling at feet - may need weaker recoil spring, did NOT knock down steel with authority, consistently hit 6 inch plates at 25 yards.

124 FMJ, 4.8 WSF, Remington Small Pistol Primers - 100% reliable, reasonable recoil, brass falling at feet, knocked down steel with authority, consistently hit 6 inch plates at 25 yards. May replace the 150LSWC load!