Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to Glock, got a question

overdriv

I have a Glock Model 22 .40S&W. I want to start reloading for it and have some components already. I've shot factory 165s and 180s. I think I like the 180s better. my question is; does the Glock 22 come from the factory calibrated, sight wise and recoil spring size for a certain loading? If so, should I change the spring for a steady diet of 180s? Will the POI be off much?

BTW, I will use this gun as a casual target practice and general plinking. Maybe CCW someday.

Thanks.

The beauty of the Glock is that it will run on almost anything. Just work your loads up to where the ejection is moderately strong. If brass just trickles out of the gun you will eventually get ejection issues. Make sure to use recommended load data and maybe even get a chrono just to be safe.

i run a 13 spring in my G22. this gun isn't used in matches , just for informal/fun plinking.

imo, the 13 spring is still good for about any PF loads as long as you don't use true major PF ammo, OR rabbit fart/sub minor loads.

i've shot 113 PF loads in that gun recently, was on the edge of disaster. gun was cycling very slowly lol. maybe 11 would have been better suited .

keep the stock 17 spring , then once you get more experience with different ammo in your gun, you might want to give 13 or 15 ismi springs a try , should be good for about anything with a little less felt recoil, gun still cycling ok. keep in mind that felt recoil is very suggestive .