Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Briley West Coast Steel Championships, June 22 & 23, Piru, CA

Please mark June 22 & 23 on your calendars for the 2013 Briley West Coast Steel Championships at the ISI Steel Challenge Ranges in Wes Thompson’s, just outside of Piru, CA.

From all indications, we will surely exceed last year’s 214 entries and we already have commitments in excess of last year’s $76,000 prize table. The entry fee remains the same as last year, $135/gun.

Some new things for 2013: Mixon Targets is generously providing a catered Mexican food lunch on both days, ProMag/Archangel Manufacturing is hosting a side event and we will be an STI Contingency Match.

Listed below are some preliminary match details and a list of our current sponsors. We are waiting for more sponsors to commit and should have the 2013 event website posted shortly. www.westcoaststeelchamps.com Stay tuned for updates and the 2013 Virtual Prize Table. This is one event that you will not want to miss!!

Jim

Preliminary Match Details:

• All eight Steel Challenge stages
  • Centerfire handgun and Rimfire handgun & rifle divisions
  • Merchandise prizes distributed to ALL competitors with order determined by random drawing
  • Multiple gun entries receive multiple trips to the prize table (Enter 4 guns and if you’re REALLY lucky, you could be drawn to have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th picks of the table!)
  • $500 cash bonus Thompson Family award for High Overall Winner
  • Custom plaques awarded to division and category winners
  • Open squadding with self-service RO/scoring; shooting begins at 7:30 AM each day
  • Mixon Targets is generously providing lunch from Don Chente Mexican restaurants. One meal ticket will be provided per entry (maximum of 2 per competitor). Lunch is available to non-shooters at nominal cost.
  • Archangel Mfg/ProMag is hosting a special “Nomad Speed Shoot” side match.
  • We are proud to be an STI Contingency Match. Details are available at: www.stiguns.com
  • As a courtesy to others, multiple gun shooters are STRONGLY encouraged to finish at least their first gun on Saturday and are required to begin competing w/ their final gun no later than 1 PM on Sunday. We expect to be done shooting by 3:30 on Sunday and distribute prizes shortly afterwards. Please schedule & manage your shooting accordingly! Enter EARLY!
  • Range will be open for practice starting Wed, 6/19 ($20 daily range fee)
  • Discounted rates are available at the Hampton Inn (Stevenson Ranch) and Marriott Courtyard (Valencia). See the match website for online booking.

Title Sponsor: BRILEY MANUFACTURING

Platinum Stage Sponsors:

Accelerator- JB ENTERPRISES

Pendulum- RUDY PROJECT NORTH AMERICA

Roundabout- HOGUE INC.

Showdown- POWDER RIVER PRECISION

Five to Go- VOLQUARTSEN CUSTOM

Speed Option- SAFARILAND

Smoke and Hope- BAR-STO PRECISION

Outer Limits- CRIMSON TRACE

Platinum Match Sponsors:

Official Target- ACTION TARGET

Official Timer- COMPETITION ELECTRONICS

Official Custom Apparel: G2/ GEMINI CUSTOM APPAREL

Gun Care & Maintenance Area: SENTRY SOLUTIONS

Don Chente Mexican Food Lunch: MIXON TARGETS

Nomad Speed Shoot Side Match- ARCHANGEL MFG/ PROMAG

Platinum Division/ Category Sponsors:

Open- AIMPOINT

Limited- STI

Production- GLOCK

Steel Master- CASPIAN ARMS

IDPA CDP, ESP & SSP- ACADEMI

Optic & Iron Sight “2 Gun Ruger Rimfire Master”- RUGER

Optic & Iron Sight Rimfire Rifle- HAWKTECH ARMS

Ladies Open & Ladies Iron Sight- PRO EARS/ ALTUS BRANDS

Super Senior (65+)- SIERRA BULLETS

Super Junior Rimfire & Junior Rimfire- ERGO

Junior Optic & Iron Sight Rimfire Rifle- TACTICAL SOLUTIONS

Pre-Teen Centerfire- BROWNELLS

Pre-Teen Rimfire- SINCLAIR INTERNATIONAL

International- TUFF PRODUCTS

Iron Sight Revolver- XS SIGHTS

ITHACA GUN COMPANY

STREAMLIGHT

SIG SAUER

LES BAER CUSTOM

HOGUE/ELISHEWITZ KNIVES

Gold Division/ Category Sponsors:

Open Rimfire- MARVEL PRECISION

Law Enforcement- CYLINDER AND SLIDE

Military- SPEC-OPS BRAND

Senior (55-64)- ELISHEWITZ KNIVES

Sub-Senior (50-54)- GLOCKWORX

Optic Sight Revolver- ATLANTA ARMS AND AMMO

Official Tactical Clothing- KITANICA

TRIJICON

LEUPOLD

STARLINE BRASS

ALCO TARGET COMPANY

CUSTOM DEFENSIVE PRODUCTS

Silver Sponsors:

Match Winner Bonus- WES THOMPSON RIFLE RANGE

ALLCHIN GUN PARTS

BLADE-TECH

COMP-TAC HOLSTERS

DILLON PRECISION

SPYDERCO

HK

CUCCHIARA CUSTOM KNIVES

CAMERON’S CUSTOM GUNS

ADVANTAGE ARMS

BLACK HILLS SHOOTERS SUPPLY

TED BLOCKER HOLSTERS

Bronze Sponsors:

Match FFL Agent- PD GUN SUPPLY

Match Award Supplier- MANNY USA PRO SHOP

Outhouse Sponsor- HOGUE ULTRATOUCH

HODGDON

GT TARGETS

DISCREET DEFENSE AND SURVIVAL

GUN TOTE’N MAMAS

LYMAN

NORTH HOLLYWOOD TOYOTA

Edited by Jim O'Young

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2013 Briley WCSC website is now live: http://www.westcoaststeelchamps.com/ and includes links to the Virtual Prize Table: http://www.westcoast...mps.com/VPT.htm and the entry form & match information: http://www.westcoast..._entry_form.doc

At the SHOT Show, we had an excellent response from all of our existing sponsors (many who upgraded levels), caught the interest of many new companies, a few of which jumped on board as well. Notable additions were Trijicon & Leupold.

Please check the match website and the VPT for sponsor & event updates and for the latest additions to the prize table as they arrive.

We have also negotiated a great rate at the Stevenson Ranch Hampton Inn and Valencia Courtyard by Marriott. Please book by 5/23/12 to get the special rate.

OK, who's in?

• 1 month later...

Mike Dalton, the event staff & I are working hard and things are progressing at a rapid pace towards the 2013 Briley West Coast Steel Championships on June 22 & 23.

As mentioned before, we have LOTS of new things in store for our shooters this year, including:

• Courtesy of Mixon's Targets, a catered lunch from Don Chente Mexican Restaurants will be provided to competitors on both days
  • Archangel/Promag is hosting a special side event benefitting the California Rifle & Pistol Assn. (the NRA lobbying affiliate in CA)
  • STI has designated the Briley WCSC as one of their Contingency Rewards Program events

And did I mention the one and only BRILEY WCSC VIRTUAL PRIZE TABLE with over $80,000 in prizes, including 25 guns and growing daily? http://www.westcoast...mps.com/VPT.htm

The 2013 table is now so big, we've had to start a 2nd page! http://www.westcoast...ps.com/VPT2.htm

Everything will be given out by order of random drawing with one ticket per every gun entered (Enter 4 guns, get 4 tickets and 4 prizes!)

Links to entry forms and discounted rate booking at the match hotels are located at the bottom of the webpage: http://www.westcoaststeelchamps.com/

The 2013 Briley West Coast Steel Championships is sure to be one of the most fun and lucrative events you'll ever attend.

Ok, who's coming?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With less than a week to go, the Briley WCSC are almost here.

Response from both the industry and competitors has been absolutely fantastic. As of this moment, our over 70 sponsors have provided a bountiful prize table in excess of $92,000, including 32 firearms. Our Virtual Prize Table is now two pages long and is a showcase of the best the industry has to offer: http://www.westcoaststeelchamps.com/VPT.htm and http://www.westcoaststeelchamps.com/VPT2.htm Several of our sponsors will be on hand to display and sell their products, with special pricing at the match. Please stop by and tell them how much you appreciate their support.

Likewise, we have already exceed last year's total entries with more coming in every day. If you haven't already signed up yet or would like to enter another gun, space & time permitting, you may still do so up until noon on Sunday. Registration is open at 7AM, with shooting beginning immediately afterwards on both days. That being said, please schedule your time on the range wisely as you must be on the range shooting your last gun by 1:30 on Sunday.

For those who have signed up before 6/15, you will receive a Tacos Don Chente meal ticket, courtesy of Mixon Targets for each entry, up to a maximum of two. They will be good either day for either breakfast OR lunch. That's right, Tacos Don Chente will also be serving a delicious Mexican breakfast as well as lunch. For those without meal tickets, food and drinks will be available at nominal cost.

If you are arriving early and would like to practice, the range will be open Wednesday on from 8AM to 5PM. The daily range fee is $20, which includes the Thompson facility fee.

The 2013 Briley West Coast Steel Championships promises to be an absolutely stellar event and one that you will not want to miss. Mike Dalton and I have been hard at work preparaing to produce the quality of event that you have come to expect from us.

Please travel safely. We look forward to seeing you on the range!

Jim
http://www.westcoaststeelchamps.com/

Carlos-

Please try to show up as early as you can.

From all indications, Sunday will be VERY busy and we would like to get everyone finished as early as possible so we can begin the prize distribution in a timely fashion.

Jim

Carlos-

Please try to show up as early as you can.

From all indications, Sunday will be VERY busy and we would like to get everyone finished as early as possible so we can begin the prize distribution in a timely fashion.

Jim

Ill be there at 8 :)

Speaking of prize distribution...... 1. are there awards for placing in your individual class? for example if I am first in say idpa-cdp. 2. this awesome prize table, how are they distributed? is it raffle? or is it first place overall gets first pick and then downward?

Thanks and I'll see you for practice Friday and the match over the weekend.

Preliminary Match Details:

• All eight Steel Challenge stages
  • Centerfire handgun and Rimfire handgun & rifle divisions
  • Merchandise prizes distributed to ALL competitors with order determined by random drawing
  • Multiple gun entries receive multiple trips to the prize table (Enter 4 guns and if you’re REALLY lucky, you could be drawn to have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th picks of the table!)
  • $500 cash bonus Thompson Family award for High Overall Winner
  • Custom plaques awarded to division and category winners
  • Open squadding with self-service RO/scoring; shooting begins at 7:30 AM each day
  • Mixon Targets is generously providing lunch from Don Chente Mexican restaurants. One meal ticket will be provided per entry (maximum of 2 per competitor). Lunch is available to non-shooters at nominal cost.
  • Archangel Mfg/ProMag is hosting a special “Nomad Speed Shoot” side match.
  • We are proud to be an STI Contingency Match. Details are available at: www.stiguns.com
  • As a courtesy to others, multiple gun shooters are STRONGLY encouraged to finish at least their first gun on Saturday and are required to begin competing w/ their final gun no later than 1 PM on Sunday. We expect to be done shooting by 3:30 on Sunday and distribute prizes shortly afterwards. Please schedule & manage your shooting accordingly! Enter EARLY!
  • Range will be open for practice starting Wed, 6/19 ($20 daily range fee)
  • Discounted rates are available at the Hampton Inn (Stevenson Ranch) and Marriott Courtyard (Valencia). See the match website for online booking.

Rowdy-

Here are the details of the prize distribution.

See you on the range.

Jim

Jim, Mike, and all the others who put on the great match-- thanks for doing such an awsome job, and thanks to all the sponsors.

I'd like to see the benos crew undertake a bit of an email campaign thanking sponsors for their support of the match. We're not in a admirable position out here on the West Coast, and--in my humble opinion--we need to give special kudos to anybody who hasn't written us off.

Ghost town?

Has any one found scores yet?

Am I just looking in the wrong place?

(ISI match results)

I can't imagen that out of 300+ shooters I'm the only one eagerly awaiting scores?

Jim?

Ghost town?

(ISI match results)

I can't imagen that out of 300+ shooters I'm the only one eagerly awaiting scores?

Jim?

I know 6 shooters and their families that are waiting...

I keep checking here: http://www.isishootists.com/match-results.html

and here: http://westcoaststeelchamps.com/

If we were only there for the raffle, it wouldn't be annoying, but we traveled so we could shoot. :yawn:

dvc

Ghost town?

(ISI match results)

Jim?

I know 6 shooters and their families that are waiting...

I keep checking here: http://www.isishootists.com/match-results.html

and here: http://westcoaststeelchamps.com/

If we were only there for the raffle, it wouldn't be annoying, but we traveled so we could shoot. :yawn:

dvc

Yeah, in my case raffle means I get to watch 300+ shooters go to the table regardless of how well I shoot (I ALWAYS get called last).

I have my total score which is nice, but i was hoping to know where I placed in my division.

I'm assuming that the score exist in some form somewhere sense we know who the champ was..