Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 22

ggwash21

Absolutely Gary! :)

Things to consider: The frame is serialized therefore FFL paperwork is required.

Some fitting maybe required. In my case, I got a 3rd gen to replace my 1st gen frame for my G20 (same frame as the 21 by the way). The 4 rails on the new frame needed to be filed (VERY LITTLE) to allow the slide to fit.

Check out Glockmeister

Thanks alot i was checking there web sire out lastnight and i found what i was looking for.. This is my first GLock i have a Springfield XD and love it and i'm already in love with my glock... i paid $400 in mint shape with 6 mags.... my uncle has the same glock and loves it... any other mods i might wanna do?? just let me know

thanks gary

Absolutely Gary! :)

Things to consider: The frame is serialized therefore FFL paperwork is required.

Some fitting maybe required. In my case, I got a 3rd gen to replace my 1st gen frame for my G20 (same frame as the 21 by the way). The 4 rails on the new frame needed to be filed (VERY LITTLE) to allow the slide to fit.

Check out Glockmeister

Glock will replace the lower on an exchange basis only, for a fee of about $145. Although they could legally sell frames, they choose not to do so.

Under federal law, it is legal to replace a gun with another of the same model (even if the serial number changes) without an FFL, under the same provision which allows you to ship it directly to the dealer. Even so, most manufacturers err on the side of caution and require all new serial number transactions to go through an FFL.

Glock *used* to be able to order replacement slides and barrels with serial numbers to match the existing one. This has been discontinued, and anyone getting a slide of a barrel must get a new number.

Replacement slides, frames and barrels have a different serial number series than those used in original guns. Frames start with "G", slides with "S" and barrels with "L" (I think). The key differentiator is the number of letters before the numeric part of the serial number. A single letter is a replacement part, two letters is an early Glock; and current production uses three letters. This make it possible to tell the difference between a gun with a "replacement" part and a frankengun made of parts originally shipped as components of different guns.

any other mods i might wanna do?? just let me know

It depends on what Division you want to shoot - Limited, Lim 10 or Production.

Production allows very limited mods. Limited and Limited 10 have the same rules, except you can only use 10 round mags in Lim 10.

Do a search and you'll come up with lots of threads on Glock mods.

Good luck.