Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

first major Revo match

TheBrick

Shot my first 12 stage 225 round level II match in revolver division.

With 2 reshoots for REF, my total number of reloads came to 48!

If I had shot Limited, the reloads would have come to 8!!!

40 more reloads at an average (guestimate) of 2.50 comes to an astonishing 100 more seconds overall!!

Shooting a major load out of a 4 inch revo became harsh at the end of the day.

I still enjoyed looking at the stages in a different way and had a great time but it is still frustrating not having other revo shooters to really judge my performance by.

Looking at the overall scores is embarrassing even on the stages where I thought I did really well.

Yes, I am still coming to the Revo Nationals in May. Should be more fun shooting with my peers than against open/limited guys/gals.

Anyone else get this frustrated after a match?

Since I had been competing for a few years before Revolver became a Division I never have become discouraged by my performance. But not having many in the Division does become discouraging.

Hang in there until you're confident in your abilities and see where you end up against the whole.

Someday it will be rewarded.

I shot this match also in Revolver Division. Congratulations, Peter for taking High Overall. It gave Revolver shooters some challenge for sure with 12 stages in one day We started out with 7, but 2 got sent to DQ. I was excited to win high C Class.

Some years ago it was fun to watch Toolguy and pskys2, in different style matches, beat many of the auto shooters. They usually get real quite, It's hard to understand when their gun holds more bullets and is faster to reload.

Edited by toothguy

I am an old guy with arthritis in my hands. If anybody has a problem with their hands hurting after a match i have found one solution. I ordered one of the X Frame grips from S&W. They cover the complete backstrap and are a softer composition than the Hogue I can shoot with no pain during or after a match.

HI, Peter, We had a lot of reloads, but, didn't it feel good after the match? I switched to revolver last year just about every match & loving it. Congratulations to both you & Cheryl. I'll see you a week from this Tues.at the club match.