Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

winter training

mike's m&p

i picked up 2 g17 airsoft guns for training this winter. 1 to get my 15 yr old ready for uspsa and 1 for me for improvement. wow what a difference. being doing since thanksgiving on sundays what an improvement with my grip. got first real match sat hope to see a big improvement. will post how i did later. couldn't believe how bad my grip was and trigger control was. so far it was worth every penny

had first uspsa match today this year. boy did the airsoft training help, what an improvement. guys were saying hey your shooting good groups and hitting a's. had no misses with the the glock and 2 with the the revovler , which havent shot in about 6 months. forgot how to hold that.if anyone is on the fence about airsoft it really worked for me. we do real training with them not just plinking. have to take it serious to get anything out of it.

What other way can you shoot 1000 rounds in the winter for < $10?

A few times I have gotten in the "go fast" mode and was not focused on getting hits and it hurt me. If I shoot the airsoft the way I want to shoot the real gun (shoot A's as fast as I can) it helps a lot. The act of lining up the sights and pulling the trigger, and calling the shot a couple thousand times in a week helps me for sure.

I understand, but at least here summer is rarely over 90 in the day and 60 at night, and I live with the windows open 8 or 9 months of the year.

My perfect solution would be to live in FL for 4 months and here for 8. Getting closer every year.

winter came here yesterday 2 1/2 feet of snow. today another 2ft. plow guy had to come twice today overnite expecting another foot and during day tommorrow about 10 inches. yes i live in the snow belt . good morning america suppose to be here in morining fulton ny. wont be able to get range for awhile. looks like more airsoft training in the basement. as long as i get trigger time its all good

• 1 month later...

still doing sunday airsoft training, and I'm really seeing big improvements. I did mess up one stage at the match last week forgot to lock my elbow and push gun out. The misses I had showed, after that 4 good stages, and won the steel challenge stage. Tomorrow will be using it to practice idpa as just joined that get ready for my first match.