Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra Prime

cas

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the older VP and they run really well, with the new VP i had to sand and clean up the drop hole to the tube as i always have a stuck primer that just does not want to fall down the tube...i dont use the adapter and have always dropped them straight to the dillon tubes.

I found that just a very slight sanding of the drop hole to smooth it out did the trick. I'm not sure about dropping them direct into the Dillon tube - the adapter seems to be necessary to lock the tray in place and get the correct alignment.

i have the older VP and they run really well, with the new VP i had to sand and clean up the drop hole to the tube as i always have a stuck primer that just does not want to fall down the tube...i dont use the adapter and have always dropped them straight to the dillon tubes.

I found that just a very slight sanding of the drop hole to smooth it out did the trick. I'm not sure about dropping them direct into the Dillon tube - the adapter seems to be necessary to lock the tray in place and get the correct alignment.

not really just have a firm hold on to the dillon tube ... i have never used the adaptor even on my old VP

not really just have a firm hold on to the dillon tube ... i have never used the adaptor even on my old VP

Gotta try that - it would be a huge time saver.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta try that - it would be a huge time saver.

I find this also allows for a little wiggle room with the tube, making it so if they aren't feeding you can move the tube and sometimes they start again. All said and done I love my vibra-prime, money well spent.

• 1 month later...

I just loaded 1,000 Federal SP primers with the VP. While Tula hangs up about every other 100, the Federal went thru it like water thru a drain.

When the Tula SP primers hang up they generally require a tap or smack to continue.

I remain satisfied with this product.

I find small primers work much smoother than large. The large primers I need to shake it left and right while it's running. Which is fine. It's still much faster than poking them one at a time. And honestly, even if it wasn't faster I'd still use it. I got my first 550 in 1987? That means I've been poking them for close to 26 years, I don't wanna poke no mo.

"He-no-pokenomo".

Edited by cas

Tried the no adaptor technique - it definitely saves time. It also allows quicker fixes for the hangups I still get with Winchester SPP's (no issues at all with CCI or Federal SP's). I've tried sanding the opening, but the Winchesters still seem to tilt and jam intermittently. My experience is that the CCI's and Federals seem tighter in multifired brass where the pockets might be a bit loose for Winchesters, so mebbe they're a bit bigger (haven't mic'd them yet). Dunno if the fine grit paper enlarging the opening a tad is going to make things better or worse.

Edited by kevin c

I just loaded 1,000 Federal SP primers with the VP. While Tula hangs up about every other 100, the Federal went thru it like water thru a drain.

When the Tula SP primers hang up they generally require a tap or smack to continue.

I remain satisfied with this product.

Just what I've found, too. Federals are smooth as butter. Tulas tilt every now and then. Smoothed the corner just a bit and seemed to help some. Still WAY better than the single piece pick-up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine gives me fits with large primers. They tip sideways. Finally changed press over to load 9mm. VP feeds small CCI's like a champ. It will suck a box down in about 20 seconds. I wish I could get it to feed large primers that way. I have a second VP still in the packaging. I've been toying with opening it to see if it works better....or, just sell it. I ended up buying two by mistake.