Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra Prime

cas

Ok I know that its a little expensive for the Pal Filler and some people out there said ... why not spend the extra money and go with the dillon RF100,

NOW correct me if I'm wrong, with the Dillon you need to buy two machines one for large primes and one for small primers so $628.00..(if I'm wrong tell me what it will cost to have large and small primers on the RF100)

the pal filler is made from machined aluminum solid will last for years with a

base that does large and small primers..

The RF100 for large or small is $314 or so. There is a conversion kit for about $90-$100 so the total to load small and large on the RF100 is ~$400 +/-.

I had been waiting for the Vibra Prime so I could get one and I like the features as described and that's what I wanted. But they sold out so quick and with another 10-12 week wait I said screw it and just orderd a Palfiller. Sure its 3x+ over the cost of the Vibra Prime w/ shipping but its 1/2 the cost of the RF100 if you want to load small and large primers (which I do). I'd have rather spent the $60 or so on the Vibra Prime it was hard enough waitig the first time.

The RF 100 is $315 and the conversion kit for the OTHER primer size is $48. You get one kit with the machine.

All you do is dump in a tray of primers, tap the "on" button, and it loads the tube BY ITSELF in 2 minutes and then shuts off. All you touch is the primer tray, the button to turn it on, and the filled tube of primers. Don't have to fuss with bunches of primer tubes, modifying anything to use that bunch of tubes, don't hafta balance 3 things in your hands to fill a tube or anything like that. While it is loading its tube you can turn your back on it and be doing other stuff, loading, whatever.

I tried the VP, it not much different than pecking at a primer tray with a tube by hand. Would not do it any other way than with the RF.

JMHO

jj

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I know that its a little expensive for the Pal Filler and some people out there said ... why not spend the extra money and go with the dillon RF100,

NOW correct me if I'm wrong, with the Dillon you need to buy two machines one for large primes and one for small primers so $628.00..(if I'm wrong tell me what it will cost to have large and small primers on the RF100)

The RF100 for large or small is $314 or so. There is a conversion kit for about $90-$100 so the total to load small and large on the RF100 is ~$400 +/-.

I had been waiting for the Vibra Prime so I could get one and I like the features as described and that's what I wanted. But they sold out so quick and with another 10-12 week wait I said screw it and just orderd a Palfiller. Sure its 3x+ over the cost of the Vibra Prime w/ shipping but its 1/2 the cost of the RF100 if you want to load small and large primers (which I do). I'd have rather spent the $60 or so on the Vibra Prime it was hard enough waitig the first time.

The RF 100 is $315 and the conversion kit for the OTHER primer size is $48. You get one kit with the machine.

All you do is dump in a tray of primers, tap the "on" button, and it loads the tube BY ITSELF in 2 minutes and then shuts off. All you touch is the primer tray, the button to turn it on, and the filled tube of primers. Don't have to fuss with bunches of primer tubes, modifying anything to use that bunch of tubes, don't hafta balance 3 things in your hands to fill a tube or anything like that. While it is loading its tube you can turn your back on it and be doing other stuff, loading, whatever.

I tried the VP, it not much different than pecking at a primer tray with a tube by hand. Would not do it any other way than with the RF.

JMHO

jj

2 minutes?!? My Palfiller only needs less than 10 seconds to fill a tube...

I rather buy something that will work right out of the box, doesn't need to be tested and adjusted and modified to make it work.

And I heard twice from the posts mentioned that they need to hold the tube by hand under the VP :closedeyes: , are you kidding?

Things happen too. For those who own the VP, be prepare to find a cracked or broken VP if you accidentally dropped it to the ground. C

uz it's just made by crappy plastic IMO. My PF on the other hand is 10x more sturdy than the VP.

Just my 2 cents. :surprise:

Edited by calvinyung04

JMHO

jj

I rather buy something that will work right out of the box, doesn't need to be tested and adjusted and modified to make it work.

And I heard twice from the posts mentioned that they need to hold the tube by hand under the VP :closedeyes: , are you kidding?

Things happen too. For those who own the VP, be prepare to find a cracked or broken VP if you accidentally dropped it to the ground. C

uz it's just made by crappy plastic IMO. My PF on the other hand is 10x more sturdy than the VP.

Hahahaha...!

Funny...

How long does it take you to dump the primers into the Pal AND flip the primers AND put the little cover on AND THEN pull the trigger for 10 seconds to get the primers into the tube?

All you do with a RF, dump the primers, touch the switch. Maybe 5-6 seconds is all the time needed for the operator per tube of primers. Then turn around and go back to loading. While you are doing other stuff, the RF flips the primers and loads them into the tube.

AND with the Pal you probably will want to buy 10 tubes so you can do a primer loading session with 1k box of primers, hummm, that's another $50 or so for each primer size. So now you have spent only about $50 less than a RF set up for both primer sizes, and you have to make a point of having a session of loading tubes every time you want to load, vs having a RF loading them FOR YOU as you need them.

hummm...yea makes sense to me...

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Vibra prime is crap. I can't get it to load ten. Large primers in the tube in a row. With small primers, I have to hold a dillon tube under there by hand because the supplied tube is to tall to let even the first primer in the tube.

I don't know about the pal filler, but I know the dillon one works. I am on hold now and when they pick up three weeks from now, I'll order one of theirs.

JMHO

jj

Hahahaha...!

Funny...

How long does it take you to dump the primers into the Pal AND flip the primers AND put the little cover on AND THEN pull the trigger for 10 seconds to get the primers into the tube?

All you do with a RF, dump the primers, touch the switch. Maybe 5-6 seconds is all the time needed for the operator per tube of primers. Then turn around and go back to loading. While you are doing other stuff, the RF flips the primers and loads them into the tube.

AND with the Pal you probably will want to buy 10 tubes so you can do a primer loading session with 1k box of primers, hummm, that's another $50 or so for each primer size. So now you have spent only about $50 less than a RF set up for both primer sizes, and you have to make a point of having a session of loading tubes every time you want to load, vs having a RF loading them FOR YOU as you need them.

hummm...yea makes sense to me...

jj

You may need to first deal with the clogging problems and the upside down primers problems :surprise:

Spending over $300 and I still need to fine tune/fix the issue...come on :goof:

I don't have those problems. Its a stigma that was started by the uninformed and is repeated by those who have not used one.

Just what kind of fine tuning/fixing do you think needs to be done or CAN be done?

Changing from large/small is 5 minutes or less. You change 3 parts. The reostat is used to adjust the vibration intensity, too hi and you get upsidedown primers, too slow and it won't fill the tube, the primers just won't go. easy peasy to adjust that when you change size or type, takes seconds...learning to use one is easy too. just sit down with it for 15 minutes and you will be able to adjust for any type of primer, any size. Turn it down until the primers don't load, and slowly turn it up until they do load, done.

Yes, it only takes SECONDS to dump in a tray of primers and touch the go button, then the RF does the rest HANDS OFF.

"come on"... :angry2: right...

jj

This seems to have taken on a big thread drift.. Dillon vs whatever.. lol

back to Vibra Prime

I've started taping the side of the VP 'gun' with a screw driver, if it hangs up, that gets things moving pretty well

And, taping the whole time, works a little better

You may need to first deal with the clogging problems and the upside down primers problems :surprise:

Spending over $300 and I still need to fine tune/fix the issue...come on :goof:

Your sales pitch is getting tiring. There are many options available at different prices and all work for some just fine.

Edited by TTNuge

I sold my original VP for $150 to someone that wanted it a lot more than I did. Then bought the Dillon.

Just to see if the "new and improved" VP worked any better I ordered two. They don't work any better than the original, if anything they are worse.

All I need now is for them to discontinue if again ;)

I may order one of these for the prize table for the Ohio State Match. Seems like some love them and some hate them. Any haters want to sell theirs for the prize table?

Received mine from Cabellas yesterday. The small pistol primer hole in the primer tray was really rough and probably too big. The primer tube was a little too small. The result was primers wanting to turn sideways and jam in the tube. A little work with a needle file and I was able to get it mostly working if I fed the primers slow and steady. I'm going to email Battenfield and see if they will send me a new tube and primer tray.

VP came in and was having an issue on the first couple of boxes. Notices that there was some residue plastic from the mold in the plastic part on top of the filler tube (part that screws into the bottom of the VP. Used some 600 grit sand paper to smooth is all out, did the same for the tray around the primer holes and everything works peachy now. Still not an RF, but for $50, way better than pecking with the tubes. That is seriously my least favorite part of loading and I dread it. Even pay my girls to load tubes I hate it so bad. But could not force myself to spend that much on the RF plus conversion. I probably will someday, but the VP is a good stepping stone and light years ahead of pecking with tubes.

Anything beats pecking them buggers out of a tray. +100 on the RF-100 though. Picked one up a couple of years ago and consider it some of the best money I have spent on equipment - that along with a Mr. Bulletfeeder.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine. Came with two large primer tubes and no small primer. MidwayUSA says to contact Frankford. Frankford ignores me.

Have used it and it worked quite well.

Both the primer flip tray and the primer tube have to click in place. If you tilt so the primer filler tube is at the lowest point and all the primers go against the side of the flip tray that aligns with the path to the primer tube, they just march along pretty well. I hope that as I get used to it, it will feed faster, but it fed perfectly--just now as fast as I would have hoped. Still beats poke-poke-poke-repeat 97 more times.

Well, I got one and as others have noted, it seem to hang up on a primer from time to time. A sharp tap above the hole gets it moving again. I'm hesitant to take any sand paper to it just yet, but it might be good to just knock the edge off a little.

I've used mine at least 10 times in 30 days, and it requires a lil shake/dance rhythm whilst vibrating. Last nite I had my wife watch my technique, since she was completely discouraged with the VP the first time she tried using it.

I have yet to try with SPP (cci brand)... but LPP (any brand thus far) has been a slightly 'trying' experience.

• 2 weeks later...

i have my original vibra prime and that works like a charm, the new one midway sells hangs up every 3-5 primers so what i did was cleaned and up the holes of the flip tray with a 600 and 1000 grit sand paper and it works like the original one now..

I got mine from Midway a couple of days ago. Put in a fresh set of batteries...pulled the trigger and nothing.

Tried another set of batteries, stil nothing.

Now I have to pay to ship it back to Midway for a refund.

I can't recommend this to anyone.

I bought one a couple of months ago and it works fine for me. I too

developed a little shake motion which works well, and once the tube is

loaded I just empty it directly in the top of my primer tube on the press.

It takes a very short time to load up the next tube of primers and keep

going on the press.

I like it just fine.

• 2 weeks later...