Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordered 2 of the same spring, but they aren't the same?

Tuflehundon

I ordered 2 14lb recoil springs for my Glock. Both were ordered from Glockworx, both on the same order. They arrived today and I put them both in the same bag since I haven't received my tungsten guide rod yet. I noticed that they aren't the same. 1 is longer and has a larger diamiter, and at least to the naked eye, appears to be a thicker wire. And the paint on each is a different color. Did they screw up, or are they maybe from a different supplier, old stock which has been changed?

I don't want to use either one without knowing. And of course, they are at SHOT so I can't get ahold of anyone till at least next week. I was hoping to use these this weekend.

20130117_155834_zps8d33397f.jpg

It could be different manufacturer/supplier. size, shape, thickness, free length, etc with springs is something that can't be eyeballed or used as a comparison between springs. If you had a tester that would be the definitive way two prove they are the same spring wt.

It could be different manufacturer/supplier. size, shape, thickness, free length, etc with springs is something that can't be eyeballed or used as a comparison between springs. If you had a tester that would be the definitive way two prove they are the same spring wt.

I'm thinking they are from a different supplier or maybe one is older stock. But I may wait till they get back from SHOT to be sure.