Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster recommendations

jwilson007

I've been wanting to pick up a good OWB holster (and probably 1-2 mag holders) not necessarily for concealed carry, but for range time, training, possibly even competition if I end up trying that out. Wondering if you guys might have some good recommendations for me. Here are some that I've been considering:

Raven Phantom or similar design

Comp-Tac OWB

PJ Holsters

Bonus: if it can hold both my M&P full size 9mm and compact, that's a plus in my book. I know the PJ holster will do this at least.

I've been shooting my M&Ps out of a Raven Phantom for about two years. It's a fine choice for concealed carry, but I wouldn't recommend it if that isn't a primary purpose. The holster holds the pistol high and tight against the body, which slows down the draw slightly and requires more shoulder motion compared to lower and looser models. But it does conceal extremely well and is comfortable when sitting down.

I use Blade Tech for my SS and Production guns, CR Speed for Limited and Lim-10. I use a Galco Concealable or a Sparks VM-II for concealed.

You need to really decide what it is you are looking for out of your holsters. IF, IF I had to go with just one it would be the Blade Tech just because it works for all situations. I do not have that problem so I go with that which works best for each situation.