Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What a Day

ktm300

It was a muddy day in Gainsville, GA last Saturday. The Match Director sent an email out the day before the match letting people know that it would be a good idea to find some shoes with more than average traction.

There was an all steel stage and I was running this guy. He comes out of one of the shooting areas that was pretty messy and falls, gun lands on the ground still in his and at about 185 then he tries to get up while I am trying to get STOP! out of my mouth and the gun goes to 220+. To say the area behing the bay cleared out in a hurry would be understatement. He had his finger along the frame rail so he did not let one loose.

Nice guy, this was our 3rd stage of 6 and he was there the rest of the day helping out.

Two other guys shooting with us didn't like to paste so on the last stage we just didn't reset the course when it was time for them to shoot. The first one goes out and sets and tapes and shoots. They set the course again and the second shooter goes into a shooting area that pretty much puts you at 160 then turns back up range towards a target he already shot. He was at about 220 when he stopped turning. I told him to stop and all that I could think of is that he is thinking I stopped him because they were not helping. Shooter 1 comes up asks shooter 2 what he did, then told shooter 2 that yes, thats a DQ.

Why do people find they need to DQ when I am running them?

It was a muddy day in Gainsville, GA last Saturday. The Match Director sent an email out the day before the match letting people know that it would be a good idea to find some shoes with more than average traction.

There was an all steel stage and I was running this guy. He comes out of one of the shooting areas that was pretty messy and falls, gun lands on the ground still in his and at about 185 then he tries to get up while I am trying to get STOP! out of my mouth and the gun goes to 220+. To say the area behing the bay cleared out in a hurry would be understatement. He had his finger along the frame rail so he did not let one loose.

Nice guy, this was our 3rd stage of 6 and he was there the rest of the day helping out.

Two other guys shooting with us didn't like to paste so on the last stage we just didn't reset the course when it was time for them to shoot. The first one goes out and sets and tapes and shoots. They set the course again and the second shooter goes into a shooting area that pretty much puts you at 160 then turns back up range towards a target he already shot. He was at about 220 when he stopped turning. I told him to stop and all that I could think of is that he is thinking I stopped him because they were not helping. Shooter 1 comes up asks shooter 2 what he did, then told shooter 2 that yes, thats a DQ.

Why do people find they need to DQ when I am running them?

I was in the squad. I can attest that myself and the rest of the gallery almost had to change our undies after the first DQ. As I remember there was a collective gasp from everyone...and then a collective STOP from everyone.

But as Matt said, the guy stuck around and was a champ helping out the rest of the day. Bravo Zulu to him for showing great character.