Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will IDPA have a new Division?

GlockCanMan

This falls under the category of "only in NY " (or Mass., Conn., RI., Cali...). So if the earlier comments are correct you can load 10 rounds to shoot in a competition, but you're only allowed 7 rounds to protect your family. Am I just slow or is there something absurd about that logic?

Thank God I'm in Texas.

No manufacturer is going to create 7 round mags just for NY. Another part of the law is that you can possess 10 round mags, they just need to be restricted so that they will not hold more than 7 rounds. They pushed the law through so quick that they did not realize that it effected LE also. Until they amend it LE is restricted to 7 rounds also.

A possible thought here is that guns sold in the future will have standard magazines sold with them that are internally restricted to 7 rounds.

I disagree making a 7 round mag would be fairly easy. Just use a thicker follower or mag block. I am sure companies will accommodate New Yorkers if this law sticks and the courts don't strike it down. Why would a manufacture turn its back on profits from a potential market for a very minor expense in creating blocked mags.

Pat

chuck d. There is a link here for you to give to your match directors to get your matches nra approved so there wouldn't be any problems shooting 10 rounds during any shooting events idpa, uspsa or any other event . Hope this helps you out Link: htp://competitions.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/tourn-forms/spec-tourn-app.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the FAQ page for Gov. Andy Coumo's gun ban on legally owned firearms and magazines; laws for illegally owned firearms are not affected since criminals don't pay attention to them anyway. We are "nutting" our AR mags to 10 rounds (before January 15, 2014 as required by law) using magblocks...these impotent mags are called "Andy Mags." After April 15, 2013, only seven (7) round mags can be sold in NY...there are no 10 round mags to be had in NY at this time...send mags to a fellow shooter if you have them. NY is a trial balloon for the nation, especially if Andy gets to be the next President, so give us a hand contacting politicians and tell them how you feel no matter where you live...you may be next. Here's the link: http://www.governor.ny.gov/2013/gun-reforms-faq

JZ: That is exactly what I said about Obama's chances of being reelected...

There's an amazing amount of anger here; people are contacting their politicians like never before. But, legal challenges are what will save the day and the NRA is the only resource we have for that. PLEASE, everyone join the NRA; lets give them the funds they need to stop the madness!!!