New division coming soon to USPSA.

GrumpyOne

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All competitors will be required to carry 6lbs of beef jerky and wear a coon skin cap. The coon skin cap may be synthetic if the competitor is a tree hugging bunny lover, but if the competitor is said tree hugger, they will also be required to wear clothes made by them, from materials found on the range.

will these rules be posted to the web page ? or will I have to search through a stack of front sights. or search the BOD min.

Rules will be carved in a wooden plank and sent to everyone who pays the shipping, handling, and carving fees (fees to be determined at the next BOD meeting).

Am I allowed to bid this from USPSA? And, if I do, can I use a CNC machine to mill the lumber, or am I stuck using an adz and a bunch of hand saws, chisels/planers/scrapers?

will these rules be posted to the web page ? or will I have to search through a stack of front sights. or search the BOD min.

Rules will be carved in a wooden plank and sent to everyone who pays the shipping, handling, and carving fees (fees to be determined at the next BOD meeting).

Am I allowed to bid this from USPSA? And, if I do, can I use a CNC machine to mill the lumber, or am I stuck using an adz and a bunch of hand saws, chisels/planers/scrapers?

No, not from USPSA.....from USFSA.... You may bid this work, however all wood will inspected for tightness of grain, susceptibility of warping, thickness (to 1/1000th of an inch), and proper depth of cut for the rules. All rules will be carved in 17 languages, and hand delivered by the bid winner to each member of USFSA within one week of completion.

Will there be a revolver division??

300px-Coltnavy.jpg

At the present time, there will be a revolver division....but it will be limited to guns with revolving barrels instead of cylinders (Ethan Allen pepper box, etc.) They will compete head to head with open division. We are discussing adding yet another division, matchlock division.

Production - Must be smooth bore only. Sights limited to a bead front, no rear sight permitted. May be match or flintlock. Ram rods must be wood. No pre-made loads may be used. All loading must be done from powder horn and possibles bag.

Limited - May be rifled barrel but all rifled barrel competitors must shoot major PF. Flintlock only. Rear sights permitted. Ram rod may be any material but must be attached to the pistol and in place before each shot is taken. No pre-made loads permitted. All loads must be done from powder horn and possibles bag.

Open - Rifled barrels permitted as is any lock type. All shooters must shoot major PF. Any sights are permitted. Percussion lock shooters may only use leather capping devices. Pre-made loads permitted but must be carried in a leather cartridge case on the belt. Ram rod may be of any material and may be carried in a leather loop on the belt.

All shooting is 1 hand only with no support from another hand or other device. All powder used must be traditional black powder, no synthetic or modern powders allowed. All matches must include strong and weak hand shooting on at least 1 stage. All pistol divisions may shoot only 1 projectile per shot (no multi-projectile loads).

Edited by Atlgentlegiant