Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

looking at 1911's

mike's m&p

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the bladetech doh holster come with the tall sight channel for the fiber optic use. I know on my glock one it didn't and the front sight rubs the the channel real bad. May have to contact bladetech about that one even though its a year old .

Does the bladetech doh holster come with the tall sight channel for the fiber optic use. I know on my glock one it didn't and the front sight rubs the the channel real bad. May have to contact bladetech about that one even though its a year old .

Yes they do.

• 4 weeks later...

Did it again, haven't got my trojan yet so today i ordered a spartan .45 CRP. Got the last one in stock they said, just have to have the crp package done to it and they will ship. they said maybe another week or so for the trojan. 2 new guns can't wait, just don't tell the WIFE.

Run a bladetech offset holster here for single stack. It is a bladetech stingray with the fixed width belt loop with longer screws and those 1 piece plastic shims between the holster and the bracket along with a tiny lock washer. It is solid and moves the holster away from the body while remaining legal for single stack

I have a Springfield loaded, and modded it quite heavily. It is a great gun and the company has great customer service. I did have a chance to shoot a sti Trojan though and it is pretty nice. I would probably go with the sti the 2nd time around.

Your going to love your Trojan. I have one and it's my favorite gun I have ever owned. Bought mine used for $750+20 to my ffl for the transfer. Best $770 I ever spent. Probably will pick another one up in 40 and 45 when I find another deal. Good luck and post a range report when you finally get it.

I know I said the Trojan earlier, but if you're on a strict $1,000 budget, I would get a Spartan instead, IF you need the SS gear as well.

I run an STI Spartan 9mm with CR Speed belt/pouches, Blade-Tech SRB/DOH (DOH removed), Dawson ICE no-gap magwell and Dawson magazines. This setup is just freaking awesome. I love the Dawson mags and magwell and would highly recommend it. You should be able to get the complete setup for under $1,000.

I just got into the same set-up with a trojan for close to $1,300 but I also changed the grips and a few other things. It is a good set-up.

Edited by Bunsen

Well got to handle my spartan today it came in at my ffl. It's pretty tight not bad for the money sure will enjoy shooting it. Just have to get up to permit office and get on my permit sometime this week before I can take it home.

• 2 weeks later...

I own the Spartan in 9mm and .45 cal, as well as a Trojan 9mm. I ONLY use Tripp magazines (Cobra Mags). I use VZ Slim Grips on these. Dawson ICE magwell and base pads for the .45 ... went slimmer Smith Alexander for the 9mm's. All guns have been internally polished and/or tuned, reliability-checked by Tripp himself. David Cupp did the .45 polish. Super reliable guns. I shot the .45 cal outa the box in 2010 during an Ayoob qualifier finishing 4th highest (27 shhoters). Dusted it off 2 weeks ago and shot SS major - clean match. Nothing beats the price + reliability than the STI. It's a workhorse. I am small in stature and the .45 hardly recoils with 230 gr loads. Tiny hands, 4'11". I primarily shoot the Trojan 9mm but going to go back to the Spartan .45 in a classifier match to shoot major. Classified C shooting minor in an all classifier match after back surgery last October. STI rocks.

Well I got my trojan friday. Shot it today boy it shots nice. 2 new guns in a week and half, credit card can't take much more. I have one prblm with the spartan .45. I have 12 all new chip mccormick mags and 4 of them wont drop out of the magwell. I filed the base pads for clearance, they seem to bind up with the extended mag release in it. If I take all those mags and put them in the .40 trojan they all drop free. When i install the stock idpa legal mag release back in the the spartan all mags drop free. Must be a prblm with the extended release. Dawsons suppose to call me back monday. Both guns are nice but the trojan is real nice. hopefully can get this mag prblm straighted out been working on it most of the weekend. New guns new prblms, have to get the bugs worked out.