Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

looking at 1911's

mike's m&p

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought an SA Loaded Target as well as a Ruger SR1911 in November and have been shooting single stack all winter, I guarantee I wasn't in either for less than a thousand bucks after you factor in mag pouches, holster, magwell, 6-8 mags. I changed to a dawson FO front sight on both and will be ordered an adjustable rear for the Ruger.

The Ruger actually feels better than the springfield when I shoot it, but I've very happy with both. No way I'd spend more on a custom/semi-custom first 1911, when you don't even know what you like/dislike about the breed.

Facts or speculations?

Speculation, of course. Here are some articles/threads. Nothing is 100%, but like I said, I would bet it's probably an STI, if not, at least a "custom" PT1911. I have a very hard time believing ANY top-level competitor uses a "stock," "off-the-shelf" gun. Even the M&P, Glock, etc. shooters.

Gee Cody.... I guess you could say that ALL of my PT-1911 are "custom" then..... I have added F/O front sights all 5 of mine (9mm, 38 Super and 3 .45 ACP).....

Does "Big Daddy" use a "stock" Hemi block?????????????

Your missing my point... For under 600.00 bucks you can get a 1911 with a SHIT load of up-grades....... To me... thats 400.00 bucks worth of ammo........

thanks guys for the responses. and a big thanks to ktm300 for the pm. sort of new to the forum been reading it for a year. i have very little posts but the info i get here is great. trying to get to 50 posts as will have to sell alot of stuff. really considering the trojan and the ro. we have our first uspsa match of the year tomorrow. its going to be intersting with the new changes we have to deal with. thats why im looking into single stack. thanks guys for listening

well had our uspsa match today and a fellow shooter had a sti trojan in 9mm. so i got to handle and fondle it, boy was it nice. really considering it now. question is go .45 cal or 9mm. diffently cheaper to shoot 9mm. alot of thinking to do. its nice to hear what others have done or gone thru and give there opinions. please keep them coming.

Mike.... what part of the world are you in?????????? And Mike, remember, your gun is onle as good as YOU ARE... I cleaned two (2) stages at my match yesterday with my POS, 9mm Tuarus..... Really doesn't matter that they used a sun dial to time me, but with 2 bad knees.... that's the way O ROLL..... If your anywhere close to Houston... I'll let you shoot a match with mine............... :cheers:

ray from houston. im from the NEW YORK thanks for the pm. I shot our match clean yesterday with a g19 in production class. i only had 30 rounds thru it before and was my first match in production came in 3rd. I've been shooting for awhile so I know its not always the gun its the man(woman) behind it. Just got done doing airsoft training with the guy that has the trojan fondle somemore. Question now is 9mm 40sw or 45. I already load 40 and starting to load 9mm. What a 1911 to be able to shoot another divison as my limited is gone per say and what ever other laws they try to sneak in. Is there any advantages or disadvantages between cartridges. Leaning more towards 40 or 9mm as cheaper

I've narrowed it down sti trojan crp in .40 sw. As i already have reload equipment. Now next question going with tripp mags do i get 10mm or 40sw. as will be competition gun in 10rders. I thought I read some where you load the 40 long and use 10mm mags. Need some help or clairifaction on this. Thanks

ordered mags today . going to order gun thrus thru dawson trojan .40sw crp. have a uspsa match sunday borrowing a fellow shooters 1911 to shoot. this will br first match with a single stack and a gun with a thumb safety. im a glock and revolver shooter so should be interesting. the triggers are nice and smooth, im use to alot heavier.

I just went through the same choices in just the last couple of weeks. I have an STI USPSA,Sentry,and Trojan. I also purchased a Range Officer. I have to say the gun I like best is the Range Officer,it doesn't have all the options the others have, but you can pick up the Range Officer for $750 to $850.

WHy do you like the RO better than the Sentry or USPSA?

well i did it ordered the tojan crp .40sw they say should have by the end of february. now just have to aquire holster and mag pouches

Go get a Bladetech DOH and some mag pouches to match and you will be set. The Trojan was a very wise choice.

my mags came today from tripp was only 3 days. talk about service. borrowing a single stack for tomorrows match. did some airsoft training with a 1911 model also today in basement. have to remember to take safety off. might be hard for this glock and revolver shooter. should be fun my first time shooting ss and will be my kids first match

shot today was a tough match. didnt have any problems with the ss remembered to take the safety off. my 15 old did good everything safe quite a few misses. learned alot as slow down shoot at your own pace. and trigger control squeeze dont yank. can't wait for the trojan to get here now