Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ad's in classifieds without prices

I don't believe there is a rule stating an add must have a price, but the classified adds should have a price listed. We don't allow selling for friends or dealer type-why should auction type, or best bid adds be allowed.

Posting an add to get the highest possible price on a short supply item without a defined price should not be allowed. Their are other places for that kind of sale--Like gunbroker. JMHO!

I have not seen it as a requirement , although I do recall around 3mo ago, where a person posted something, then was told by another member that prices needed to be listed..As stated above, it turns into a bidding thing, like the other auction sites..

I think there is a difference if you are doing it to just get whatever out of an item that you just want gone, but to save face by not putting up a over inflated price on an item yet holding out for that price is a different story.

Bottom line is whatever the rules are so be it, the few people that got their classified ad trashed because they put their high price on an item are the only one that have a complaint.