Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need gunsmithing guru to help with Glock troubleshoot

GregSmith

Hey everyone!

I'm pretty new to shooting and just tried my first small piece of gunwork. I installed a Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector on my Glock 22. Once I got over the fear of taking the gun apart, I did my .25 trigger job using a dremmel and some flitz. Made everything nice and shiney. (don't think I took too much off any one place.) I think I still need to take a little more off the overtravel stop, but that's not really the question. Where I need help is this:

1. When I rack the gun without a magazine, should the slide lock catch the slide? My gun currently does, but I don't remember it doing this before. I've watched tonight of guy racking their glocks and it returns to (is battery the term?) without getting stopped. I'm worried I may have re-installed the slide release/lock incorrectly, but it seems to be in the groove of the pin. The only thing that looks suspect is that the slide lock level stands up about 1/2 inch above the frame when the slide is off. (This seems goofy to me.) It's springy and pressed down just fine. When the slide is on, it's most likely in the correct position. I'm wondering if the little spring/wire on the slide release is the culprit?

2. On my very last trimming of the overtravel stop, I put the gun back together (Like I had done 7-10 times already while filing it down.) and the slide got stuck on something which prevented me from racking the gun. This has since been fixed, but I'm not sure if it's just not happening at the moment. It seems like the slide was running over the slide release/lock and getting off of the rails and then getting caught on the two silver rail guide bars on the back of the gun.

Did I really screw up the easiest gunsmithing project on the planet? Worst case scenario, I take it to a gunsmith, but I know the intelligence level of the people on here is very high and I value all of your opinions. Hopefully y'all have some awesome things to look for to make sure the gun is working properly.

Oh, anyone know where I can find a diagram or video of exactly how the trigger aseembly works while the trigger is being pulled? I have an AGI Glock video, but I'm hoping for a view that shows wherer all the parts should touch before trigger pull, where they should be moving during trigger pull etc. I'm looking to understand how it all works so I can better evaluate my gun.

Thanks everyone! Oh, and please forgive me if I've called things the wrong name.

G

Edited by GregSmith

You put the spring for the slide lock above the top pin when you put the locking block back into the gun. Place it underneath and it will function properly.

For the locking block put in the top pin first and then slide the slide lock lever into place as you put the lower pin into place. I run a small punch thru the hole to help get things lined up. As I slide the lower pin into place I rotate the punch around to assist in centering all of the parts so that the lower pin just slides into place.

Thanks. I will check it out! Will this cover the entire question #1 or just the high floating slide lock? Am I correct in thinking the gun should return to it's original slide position while racking the gun when there is no magazine in place? Or have I gone crazy from messing with the gun too much?

Edited by GregSmith