Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting Pulled Over

On my way to work this morning I got pulled over, the reason: passing in a no passing zone. I'd be fine with it if it was a legitimate safety concern, but the cop was just looking to write tickets.

There is only one way to get onto the freeway that everyone in my subdivision has to use. The design of the freeway entrance is very stupid and leads to a backup of up to a mile from the stop sign. There is another stop sign that you have to go through that allows you to turn left and avoid half the traffic getting onto the freeway. Well I and 5 other cars wanted to turn left and passed a few cars to get to the stop sign sooner (maybe passed 2-3 cars). There was plenty of room on the road, which is divided from oncoming traffic, to safetly do this and alleviate a little bit of this traffic.

I hate when common sense is not used in the application of laws!

Law and common sense have nothing to do with each other. Look at it like this... If you undercut the trigger guard on your production gun knowing it wasn't legal, and use it in a match, get caught, and bumped to open, was it the rule that was stupid or the driver of the gun for knowingly breaking the rule? Sorry for your woes, but do the crime, do the time.

Law and common sense have nothing to do with each other. Look at it like this... If you undercut the trigger guard on your production gun knowing it wasn't legal, and use it in a match, get caught, and bumped to open, was it the rule that was stupid or the driver of the gun for knowingly breaking the rule? Sorry for your woes, but do the crime, do the time.

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9scg_Upqck

There is not enough room on this forum to describe all the traffic design errors on my commute. I will list two favorites. A dead end road with a one way sign leading into it. How many of millions of cars are down that dead end road that obeyed that one way sign? :surprise: There is no legal way for them to drive out. A three-way stop sign intersection that has solid lane dividing lines for miles before and after the intersection but divided lines in the middle of the intersection. This demands that if you need to change lanes that you change in the middle of an intersection. What is more ironic is that a majority of leo's in my state go through that intersection on their way to the state academy and range complex. I guess they also gave up on trying to get that legally impossible to drive through intersection fixed.

Edited by atomicbrh

I was on my way to a 3gn match and got pulled over for an illegal left turn out of a dunkin donuts. Should have realized there would have been a police presence. There was a sign, we didn't even look for it as we were in the midst of a caffeine and sugar rush.

Pretty legitimate stop IMO. I simply joked that I now had a $150.00 cup of coffee. Not cool being pulled over with a car full of some serious hardware and ammo. Glad it was in the boonies, as they were uber cool.

With regards to the OP, perhaps you should propse a new alignent of the roadway to your town/township/borough/city government.

Other than that, pay the ticket in time or your backside will hurt a lot more.

Edited by Ted Murphy

Maybe.

But that request would need to come from Bunchies. You replied, but it's still his thread.

:rolleyes:

Wait, I have power in this forum? Than I shall wield it in the most irresponsible manner possible. By the power vested in me, by ima45dv8, I hereby decree that this thread....LIVES ON!

I'm not feeling much compassion for the poor OP. :goof:

Don't worry, I don't feel much compassion for myself. Karma is kind of a bi**h. There have been lots of things I should have gotten pulled over for. This is just probably one of the stupidest ones I could have imagined. Kinda like getting a speeding ticket for going 3 mph over, some discression is required.

:bow:

Maybe.

But that request would need to come from Bunchies. You replied, but it's still his thread.

:rolleyes:

Wait, I have power in this forum? Than I shall wield it in the most irresponsible manner possible. By the power vested in me, by ima45dv8, I hereby decree that this thread....LIVES ON!

By your word, my leige...

:bow:

The last time I got pulled over it was for crossing over a solid white line on the way to a match. The Cop asked me where I was going and after I told him we spent the next 10 minutes talking about guns and he just wrote me a warning instead of a ticket.

The last time I got pulled over it was for crossing over a solid white line on the way to a match. The Cop asked me where I was going and after I told him we spent the next 10 minutes talking about guns and he just wrote me a warning instead of a ticket.

You are the 1%. Most would have rang you up for the quota. Flame suit on.

Not in my experience. Pulling over immediately, being polite, and not bullshitting the cop have worked out in my favor about half the time.....

1/2 the time...just sayin.

Not in my experience. Pulling over immediately, being polite, and not bullshitting the cop have worked out in my favor about half the time.....

My father taught me early on: "yes sir, no sir, I'm sorry sir, thank you sir" should make up your entire vocabulary on the side of the road. Decades of ticket free driving have been the result.

Obeying the law helps a lot, too.

Just to show you guys how I have to get onto the freeway. It is a very stuipd design. The access road is one way on the south side of highway 90 and on the northeast side, but becose 2 way right about where the green star is. Stop sign 1 causes all the traffic which extended to the green star. At rush hour, it takes about 7-10 minutes to get from stop sign 2 to stop sign 1. Then traffic flows freely.

pre_1358522410__hunt_lane_traffic.jpg

And yes, obeying the law helps to not get pulled over. I was just hoping showing my CHL would get me some leeway (we are not required to in Texas when driving).

My father taught me early on: "yes sir, no sir, I'm sorry sir, thank you sir" should make up your entire vocabulary on the side of the road. Decades of ticket free driving have been the result.

Obeying the law helps a lot, too.

I got stopped Wednesday for 40 in a residential area. :(

Yes sir, No sir, and Thank you very much sir ... got me back on my way with only a warning! :)

And believe me, I'll heed that warning! ;)

If you were straight with me when I was a copper (and you weren't an a-hole!), my standard admonishment was, "Fer chrissake, look around for police cars next time you decide to do something like that!" No, I didn't write many tickets - except to a-holes! Don't be an a-hole and you'll probably do just fine.

Mark

"Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

"Yessir. I'm always conscious of my speed."

================

Saying, "No, I didn't realize" is a sure, fast way to a ticket.

Admitting you were breaking the law with no recognition is fast track to a fine.

================

Admitting you were breaking the law with no recognition is fast track to a fine.

I should have had this advice when I was going to high school. Coulda saved me some headaches.

================

I used to dat a Highway Patrolman's daughter. This is one thing he told me that I will never forget. Unaware drivers are their biggest concern.