Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from North Alabama!

jwilson007

Been lurking for a while, enjoying reading the information here! I have never reloaded before, but I've really been wanting to get into it for a good while now. Already own 2 reloading books/manuals haha. I am heavily looking at the Dillon 550b to get me started, which I'm hoping isn't too advanced of a press to start with. I just know it would be a solid investment. I am looking to reload for at least 9mm, .45, and .223.

I've recently really got back into shooting, and I am eager to improve my skills through practice and possibly some training courses. I'm relatively new to shooting pistols, and I'm intrigued by all this competition talk, but I know very little about it. (trying to read up on that) My weapons of choice are the M&P platform for my polymers (FS 9mm and 9c) and I have a 1911 in .45.

Just wanted to say HI!

I'd love to come witness a match sometime and get a feel for how they operate etc. I have stumbled on that site before and wrote the contact there, as I'm looking for a consistent place to shoot and/or train. Sometimes I shoot on my dad's land, but I'm already getting complaints from the neighbors :(

Well I haven't counted the 650 out just yet, I know most folks don't recommend starting with that level of a press, but after watching many videos and reading about it I think my brain processes a more progressive style better than single stage. I think I could pick it up quickly enough.

Welcome to the forums, what ever you want to know you can find it here......Go ahead and get the 650 and you will not have to ever trade up, it is real easy to learn how to load on also....Once you practice up with Mike's matches come on down to Steel City for the real thing!!!! :roflol:

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck

Welcome to the forum

I reload 9mm, 45 and 223 on a Dillon 550. I like it a lot but I have considered upgrading to the 650 because of the powder check (easy to see powder in pistol cases not so easy to see in 223 cases).

If your going to a match don't go to watch, go to shoot. Let the group you're shooting with know it's your first match and they will be glad to help you through the match and answer any questions you have.

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of good people here that are willing to share information. don't go watch a match, jump in and shoot with them, I am sure they (where ever you may be) will be happy to help you get through t safely. The 550 is a good machine, but I would go ahead and get a 650, they aren't hard to set up at all. If youget down toward Mobile, AL. check out Mobile Pistol Shooters Association (www.mpsa.us), we don't have a fancy range like Randall at Steel City, but we would be glad to have you shoot a match with us.

Hurley