Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Space City Challenge

Space City Challenge 2013

April 19 - 21, 2013

Hosted by Bay Area Practical Shooters in Friendswood just south of Houston, TX

Produced by Texas South Section

8 stages; 200+ rounds.

Level II Match (pending USPSA approval)

Cost: $135 ($25 Late Fee after April 1); Ladies & Juniors: $65 (No Late Fee)

ROs and Staff shoot free! (ask me about the RO package if you are interested in working the match)

2013 SCC Shirts are $35. They will be awesome as always.

8 stages; 200+ rounds.

Cost: $135 ($25 Late Fee after April 1); Ladies & Juniors: $65 (No Late Fee)

ROs, Staff and GMs shoot free! (ask me about the RO package if you are interested in working the match)

One day shooting format.

ROs and Staff-Friday.

Full squads - Saturday.

Half squads - Sunday.

Random prize table (with many guns if we can find any for sale...) will be distributed on Saturday afternoon. You must be present to win or have a representative designated in writing to collect your prize!

Plaques will be distributed Sunday. Cash Prizes for Division HOAs.

All Divisions and Classes will be recognized per USPSA recommendations for Level II matches in Appendix A2 of the rule book.

Cash Prizes

$500 - Division HOAs with more than 15 competitors in the Division

$250 - Division HOAs with more than 10 competitors in the Division

$100 - Division HOAs with more than 5 competitors in the Division

NOTE: PSC Gun Club will only allow brass cased ammunition for this match. This local rule has received the express consent of the President of USPSA.

Match Director: Jack Sweet

Range Master: To be advised

Match application: will be available online within a few days.

Watch here for more information: www.texassouthsection.com

Email to: tsssc@texassouthsection.com

Internet squadding will be available after February 15.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Does the range limit you to 8 stages? I would shoot this match again if there were more stages and no random prize table.

The range layout pretty much limits us to 8 stages. The fact is the match is frowned upon by the range administration, even though we pay for use of the range.

Does the range limit you to 8 stages? I would shoot this match again if there were more stages and no random prize table.

The range layout pretty much limits us to 8 stages. The fact is the match is frowned upon by the range administration, even though we pay for use of the range.

Every year Steve and the Section Coordinator jump through hoops to get us permission to use this range. Its a top notch facility and a great location for the Space City Challenge. Just wanted to let them know their hard work is appreciated.

As for the random prize table, the top shooter in each Division is taken care of for their performance.

I've been to matches where a visit to the prize table is in order of finish. The folks that score poorly are out the door long before their names are called.

At Space City, the random prize table keeps it exciting for all the competitors all the way to the end. It also seems to run a little faster than other methods.

Personally, I like the random prize table but thats just my humble opinion. Yup, I am not a top shooter and never will be.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

• 2 weeks later...

Double Tap stages are posted Charlie and look like fun - don't be afraid of the Texas heat!!! See ya at Space City!

I am a Humidity wussy. So summer time Texas matches are not for me. You will have to put a couple of extra rounds down range for me at the Double Tap.

Double Tap stages are posted Charlie and look like fun - don't be afraid of the Texas heat!!! See ya at Space City!

I am a Humidity wussy. So summer time Texas matches are not for me. You will have to put a couple of extra rounds down range for me at the Double Tap.

Double Tap is far enough north that the humidity ain't too bad. It's just god awful hot.

Double Tap is far enough north that the humidity ain't too bad. It's just god awful hot.

The last time I went to the Double Tap was the first year they switched the match date to later in the summer. It was 104 deg with about 80% humidity that weekend. That is too rugged for me. As I said, I am a wussy when it comes to high temps along with humidity.

The last time I went to the Double Tap was the first year they switched the match date to later in the summer. It was 104 deg with about 80% humidity that weekend. That is too rugged for me. As I said, I am a wussy when it comes to high temps along with humidity.

That's not bad it's every day down here. I go up there to cool down.

If you want a SCC 2013 shirt have your app and or money to me by 040113. The shirts are going to be very nice Royal blue with gold panels, high tech material. We are standing at 180 shooters, the match always comes close to maximum capacity or sells out.