Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Used M1 or New M2 American?

islandtime

I have found an 26" M1 used but in great condition for $600. I can get a new 26" M2 for $850. Is it worth it to spend the extra for the M2 and would I be better off looking for a 24" M2 American? Also, is the comfortech stock on the regular M2 worth the extra money?

Unless Benelli has changed something, the American is only available in 26" and 28". Without the comfortech stock, I don't think the M2 offers any advantages over the M1.

I'd suggest buying the m1 and 1K rounds of shotgun ammo with the difference in price.

Jason, listen to Bryan. I personally can't tell that much difference between an M1 and an M2 with a comfortech. I admit that I have not set up drills and ran both against the timer, though. At my level of the game, I would be way better off spending $600 on a shotgun and another $6-700 on ammo than spending $12-1300 on a new M2. Just my opinion.

Hurley

I have/had both and did run them side-by-side. The first time I did, I was thinking that the M1 and M2 (with Comfortech) didn't feel much different. The more I shot them both, the more I found out that I could tell the difference and the Comfortech did make a difference. Is it worth another $400+ to the price over an M2 American? NO, in my opinion. I have to agree with the above statements, get the M1 and practice.

The 26" barrel is going to be fine for 99.9% (probably 100%) of the shotgun stages that you'll shoot. Besides, lots of people with the 21" and 24" are starting to run longer tubes that stick out beyond the end of the barrel.

Tim

I have run a 26" M2 for the last season and really enjoy shooting it. With a Nordic +7 and an extended choke tube you are pretty much flush. No problems with the 26" barrel on any of the stages that I have shot

I got a 26" M2 American last year. Had the lifter welded, added the +7 Nordic tube and shot the crap out of it. Let's put it this way...The gun aint holding me back LOL

Recoil isn't really any different (to me) from a regular M2 with the ComforTech. Like any Benelli, it's a little sharper than a gas gun but plenty manageable.

I run the 24" with a tube that sticks out past the barrel. I would have suggested to you to get the M2 over the M1 as there is some improvements in the M2 in the barrel chokes = longer.

The CT stock is an improvement too.

I think you would be fine with the 26" If you can get it at the cost savings you listed at $800.

$1,100 -Was- the going price for a new M2 with a 24" or 21" with the CT stock.

If you end up shooting it allot thin think about getting the 24" latter at the higher price.

BUT get the mag extension Now

I run a 24" with a tube that's flush with an extra choke. 10+1 in the shortest package you can get is ideal. Shorter you can be the better because you can get into some tight spots (anyone who shot the Nordic shotgun match last year knows what im talking about).

I find that most of the guys I know persobally who run long shotguns are just justifing saving the money to themselves...just saying.

I couldnty be happier with my M1. Bought it tuned up with plenty of 3G goodies, but it has been awesome for me. The only thing I have added is a recoil reducing pad. I like Bryan's idea of the gun a ton of ammo for practice.