Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally got a Revolver!

Rhandhali

I really wish I had started shooting revolvers sooner. I sold most of my guns when I went overseas for school and now that I'm back am rebuilding a collection of "basic" guns of which a .22 pistol is mandatory. Because everyone that I know has a Buckmark or a Mark II/III I decided that I would be different. I got a revolver, a class of gun I was heretofore utterly unexposed to. Searching for a suitable gun I came across this guy, a secondhand 617, and it is hands down the best handling .22 pistol I've ever shot. It is a laser on the range.

Suffice to say, I appreciate revolvers now. I have seen the light. My next purchase is definitely going to be a 686.

TXwvXl.jpg

V0bf5l.jpg

6FXcGl.jpg

obF6Hl.jpg

It was a lot grimier when I picked it up. I've never had a stainless steel gun before and I honestly question why I worked to get it so clean. Don't get me wrong, it was in need of a good cleaning - the barrel was pretty heavily leaded and there was carbon on every surface but the face of the trigger. It just seems like stainless steel loves to be dirty!

That looks like so much fun! I have only a little 38 for occasional carry, but I miss my old GP100. That thing could hit a piece of computer paper at 100 yards all day, and this was before I learned to shoot. Gonna have to get something silly in the near future. I'm thinking a 44 or something huge, just for S&Gs