Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DP Basepad service kit

encoreman

Hi Guys, I was looking on Dawson Precision site and saw a DP basepad service kit that contained springs and detents. I don't guess I know where these are in the mag bases and how to replace them. Never had any problems, but it never hurts to have spare parts, of course it would be nice to know how to install them. All comments welcome, even the ones calling me stupid!! Thanks Mac

When you slide the catch forward, there is a pin/spring that keeps it from coming all the way off the pad. When the pin gets worn, or you just get overzealous moving the catch, it pops out. I guess that's not very clear, but if you manage to lose the pin and spring, you'll see what I mean :)

That sounds about as clear as muddy water!! But I understand that!! Thanks Mac I just thought it would be kinda crazy to have spare parts and not have a clue where to put them.

You sound like a man who has lost springs and little parts before. Kinda funny how you can read something and get that knowing look/expression and totally understand something.