Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass sticking in casefeed arm bushing

I'm having trouble with cases not dropping through the case feed arm bushing. They hang up there after being delivered by the caseffed arm and it requires me to bang on the frame to get them to drop. What could be causing this? I just cleaned the press so it's not dirty ...

Also, my casefeed mount post is loose & the locking bolt doesn't stay tight. Could this loose casefeed mount post be the cause? i need to fix that either way but ...

Can you cause it to feed (brass to drop) by pushing on the arm itself? That is, is the arm bushing moving over enough to properly align the case so it drops straight? If not then simply adjust the case insert slide (that tall black plastic piece that operates the case feed cam) so it moves it over enough. That's all I got....

Edited by traderpats

I had this problem with loading 9mm, the brass wouldn't drop through the feed arm bushing. I found tumbler media in the bushing that was causing the brass to hang up. Only happened with the 9mm though, not 40 or 45.

I just had the same issue with my press after 2 years.... several thousands of cycles loading 9mm/.223 and .223 brass prep.

Clean the bushing and arm area in case it is stuck media or a dirty bushing.... then with press handle all the way down, loosen the triangular block screw that holds that indexes the bushing arm forward. Push it forward for full travel and re-tighten. It appears that it loosened over time and use and wasn't moving full travel forward.

I had the same problem loading for 9mm...i found after looking into the case feed bushing.. that it had an abnormality.. if i looked into it it had an inward "bulge" for a better description... it was just about the length of a 9mm case from the bottom.. when a case leaned into the bulge it would not feed... i guess it got cocked enough so it hung up instead of feeding properly... i got a new bushing and have not had the problem since..

Boxerglocker ... That was exactly the issue, I adjected it and cases drop without issue now, thx!

Great glad it work, admittedly when it happened to me I was initially at a lost as to what it could be. Once I figured it out, I put an index mark on it with a white paint pen so that I'll know at a glance if it has moved again.

Edited by Boxerglocker