Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 11 Jan 13

ChuckS

I hate that I am slowly becoming allergic to all the foods I loved a a kid. Avacados, strawberries, all melons, they just don't like me any more. Try going for sushi and asking for no avacado. PIA

Fruit salad and guacamole? This is flame worthy how? Bulletproof up dude. :sight:

That's a California thing. Kind of like blowing out your Birkenstock or a getting flat on your Prius.

I hate that I am slowly becoming allergic to all the foods I loved a a kid. Avacados, strawberries, all melons, they just don't like me any more. Try going for sushi and asking for no avacado. PIA

Fruit salad and guacamole? This is flame worthy how? Bulletproof up dude. :sight:

That's a California thing. Kind of like blowing out your Birkenstock or a getting flat on your Prius.

:roflol: I hated when Birkenstocks became popular in the late 80s. All my Deadhead friends and I looked suddenly fashionable. What can I say, good week. Now if my FFL screws things up this next week, it will be FLAME ON!

Okay, I'm confused. Is the Flame War supposed to be a generalized bitch session or is it an opportunity to creatively insult one another in jest?

If it's the latter, Chuck, maybe it's you....

If not... I hate it when dudes on a forum misinterpret the meaning of a thread and say something stupid and out of place.

I took a look at some of the 2002-2003 vintage FFWs and they seem to be a combination of general sniveling and (good natured :rolleyes: ) insults. Your question was impressive for a member of your capabilities.

(But then if you had used the search function, you would not have had to ask... :devil: )

I have spent much time reviewing FFW's of the past which is what lead to my question. Being a man of superior intelligence, I quickly observed the glaring difference between the flames of the past and meagre attempts of the present. This shows a distinct lack of either mental acuity from the old timers (it happens with age) or proof of the degradation of intellect of the younger generations now populating this forum. I am still searching for signs of intelligent lifeforms on this thread. :sight:

Well, since you asked, here I am...

As a person of superior intellect, I often wait until Saturday morning to post, so as not to intimidate the lesser mortals who post in threads like this...

Sadly, the art of the flame war has diminished over the years. People simply do not know how to deliver an insult that is offensive, droll and humorous all at the same time, with that dash of snarky sarcasm that gives it all flavor. I am sure you can see that as it is obvious from your post that yours is truly a towering intellect...

You mention the degradation of mental acuity as one ages. Well for some of us, we have become so wise over the years, that our brains become full. We must therefore discard the superfluous. But rest assured that we are in full possession of our wits. That said, I am impressed with what you are able to do with only half... B)

And in defense of the mods, bear in mind that the concussions resulting from hundreds of thousands of shots fired over the years takes its toll. They should be applauded for being able to understand 50% of the words in a given post under the circumstances. (Some days, when the wind is blowing in just the right direction, if you listen carefully you can almost HEAR their lips moving as they read them).

So in conclusion (before I am banned for life), that is how one delivers a proper flame. I could do better, but it's early on a Saturday morning and I haven't had my coffee yet.

And that concludes the lesson for today... :lol: