Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great experience with Dawson Precision

Mberry

I believe my recent experience with Dawson is worth mentioning. I placed an order for a few pistol magazines and several other relatively inexpensive parts on the 20th. I could not view my order on my account page the next day so I called to make sure it went through. It was obvious that they were extremely busy, but who ever I spoke with took their time and made it seem like my little $200 order was as important as any they were dealing with that day. After they explained the problem, they also told me that several of the items I ordered were not in stock. I received a partial shipment a few days later and tried to check to make sure the rest of my items were still back-ordered. My account still wasn't showing up correctly on line, so I called again. The woman I spoke to was as nice they come and told me everything was back ordered and would be shipped as it arrived. No problem, and another pleasant phone conversation with someone who had probably talked to over a hundred people that day with similar questions. Yesterday I received notification that more of my order has shipped and I was pleasantly surprised to see that I am not being charged shipping for any of the back ordered items.

It is refreshing to deal with a company that is holding on to their values and treating customers well. I'm fairly new to competitive shooting and I absolutely hate dealing with gunsmiths or business's that make it seem like they are doing you a favor by selling you something. Dawson's customer service made me feel welcome and valued even though my order was relatively small. I'll be glad to place more orders with them in the future.

I believe my recent experience with Dawson is worth mentioning. I placed an order for a few pistol magazines and several other relatively inexpensive parts on the 20th. I could not view my order on my account page the next day so I called to make sure it went through. It was obvious that they were extremely busy, but who ever I spoke with took their time and made it seem like my little $200 order was as important as any they were dealing with that day. After they explained the problem, they also told me that several of the items I ordered were not in stock. I received a partial shipment a few days later and tried to check to make sure the rest of my items were still back-ordered. My account still wasn't showing up correctly on line, so I called again. The woman I spoke to was as nice they come and told me everything was back ordered and would be shipped as it arrived. No problem, and another pleasant phone conversation with someone who had probably talked to over a hundred people that day with similar questions. Yesterday I received notification that more of my order has shipped and I was pleasantly surprised to see that I am not being charged shipping for any of the back ordered items.

It is refreshing to deal with a company that is holding on to their values and treating customers well. I'm fairly new to competitive shooting and I absolutely hate dealing with gunsmiths or business's that make it seem like they are doing you a favor by selling you something. Dawson's customer service made me feel welcome and valued even though my order was relatively small. I'll be glad to place more orders with them in the future.

Thank You.

Dave Dawson

• 1 year later...

I'm lucky enough to live in Central TX - about an hour from Dave's place and I had the chance to shoot several matches with him probably 10 years ago after I first moved to Fort Hood.

I stopped by his shop last week to pick up some fiber optic front sights and an ICE mag-well and Dave graciously invited me to take a tour of his shop. DAMN - what a set-up he has; everything seemed to run like clock-work and all the folks working there were as nice as could be.

I'd seen pics of his reloading room before, but it has to be seen first-hand to be believed! Dave even gave me a nice military discount, which ended up saving me enough to pick up a few extra SNL basepads.

I'm a Dawson Precision customer for life.