Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Western States Single Stack Championship

Well 2013 WSSSC is behind us as well as breaking a single day rainfall record that has stood since 1905. Thanks to Steve and his Match Staff for a great match.

As for my Squad mates on Squad 11, Well you guys and gals (Two non participating spouses providing lots of help included) Rock!!!! :D Hope to see you and get squaded with you again next year.

Jammer, I was supposed to be on squadl 11 and wussed out. I'm a super senior and have been too wet and too cold too many times before. I give everyone who shot this mess a whole bunch of credit because it is so much eaiser to sit back and have a Manhatten. Kudos to the Ro's and shooters who had the b-lls to shoot and the dedicated RO's who work this whole thing.

Pete

Edited by pbc44

I had a blast and so did my boy. Yes, we were both soaked thru to the skin, but a hot shower and a hot meal at the end of the day and we were ready to do it again. A big thanks to everyone on Squad 5 and a huge shout out to the RO's and everyone that worked on this match. This is my favorite match of the year.

Jim

Well 2013 WSSSC is behind us as well as breaking a single day rainfall record that has stood since 1905. Thanks to Steve and his Match Staff for a great match.

As for my Squad mates on Squad 11, Well you guys and gals (Two non participating spouses providing lots of help included) Rock!!!! :D Hope to see you and get squaded with you again next year.

Jammer1911, enjoyed shooting with you as well. Our squad definitely new how to work a stage. We spent lots of quality time together waiting on the squad in front of us. I had to get air freshener for the ride home, wet clothes gave the truck a bit of a musty smell.

Divers were able to recover 20 abandoned mags at the end of the day. They were split between the ROs to compensate them for the trenchfoot they developed from standing in this for two days.

I was not feel all that tough! Seriously though, being from Sacramento and commuting to work on a bicycle year round, the rain really did not bother me. I found years ago commuting that shorts are way more comfortable in rain that wet, clingy pants, so long as the wind chill is not too bad. The match really was a lot of fun and I plan to do it annually now. The ROing was excellent and I made a point to personally thank every RO before leaving each stage. They really were that good.

This was a fun match, minus the WET. If my shooting mates would have called it quits I would have gladly joined them. We had built in excuses why we shot crappy right from the start. But I didn't want to be the PU**Y. I had to go to Sportsman's Warehouse to get rain gear. We were not fully prepared for this type of weather while shooting. Squad 4 guys were great and all the RO's took the rain in stride. On the UP side of the trip, we got to visit all the gun shops in the area. Made it back to Kali at 1:15 AM Monday uh Tuesday morning