Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers back in stock at Powder Valley

rutilate

There have been a couple of posts lamenting the fact that everything is out of stock; Looks like Powder Valley has primers again. Small pistol primers are still out but they have far greater availability on everything else than they did last night.

ETA: This is for CCI primers--everything else is still out of stock.

Edited by rutilate

I noticed yesterday mng and sent them a email since I have some on backordered. I have not seen a cc charge yet or any info if they are shipping. I made sure to repeat to them to ship primers only if need be since I have powder on backorder as well. They have always done me right in the past so I will wait and see.

Of course they did. There are probably people buying primers that don't even reload ammo.

I'll bet you're right. And I bet that these bought on speculation will show up in the classifieds in about 10 days!

I probably should post this in the what I hate but the "speculators" suck. And they are everywhere at the moment including classifieds here. Not as much as other places. It says a lot about the class of a company like PV that they are not jacking prices along with other vendors in the shooting industry. We also have people in the classified area that are not out to profiteer. Thumbs up to those with class.

I probably should post this in the what I hate but the "speculators" suck. And they are everywhere at the moment including classifieds here. Not as much as other places. It says a lot about the class of a company like PV that they are not jacking prices along with other vendors in the shooting industry. We also have people in the classified area that are not out to profiteer. Thumbs up to those with class.

Amen to that.

Is powder valley still taking back orders? A lot of places have stopped taking them or canceling existing back orders. Probably for a couple reasons 1) they know it will be quite sometime if ever the orders could be fulfilled 2) they want to jack prices making people with back orders place new orders at higher prices.

Is powder valley still taking back orders? A lot of places have stopped taking them or canceling existing back orders. Probably for a couple reasons 1) they know it will be quite sometime if ever the orders could be fulfilled 2) they want to jack prices making people with back orders place new orders at higher prices.

PV is taking backorders. I placed an order yesterday.

Edited by blueeyedme

PV is taking backorders. I placed an order yesterday.

I also placed a BO for Hornady 55 gr bullets. I dont know how long that will take but I dont mind. I have a few K of brass to prep in the mean time.

• 2 weeks later...

PV posted this today on FaceBook:

BACKORDERS: (Effective 01/29/13 8 AM ET) Due to the overwhelming number of orders and the extreme supply shortages we are temporarily discontinuing our policy of accepting backorders. Over the past two months we have done everything we can to keep up with the orders including hiring several new employees and working 7 days a week. However, recently we have come to the realization that we simply can not continue to take orders for items that we have no idea when will be available, nor can we expect customers to continue to wait 4-6 weeks for us to process their in stock orders. Orders that are placed for items listed as "Out of Stock" on the website will be immediately canceled. All customers who have backorders in our system currently will not be affected and these orders will be processed as soon as the items come available. We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Bryan Richardson

Agreed, and kudos to them.

Whenever I have called to place orders I've found the folks at PV to be a class act and respect that they are being forthright about their situation.

Before the madness I wanted to place an order but thought it would be good to wait until after the holidays to clear out some bills. Now it looks like I'll be waiting a little longer than I thought.

I really appreciate that they are keeping their prices stable and arn't jerking folks around, this is one of the reasons they will continue to be my main source for powder/primers when the supplies do come back.

BACKORDERS: (Effective 01/29/13 at 8 AM ET)

Due to the overwhelming number of orders and the extreme supply shortages we are temporarily discontinuing our policy of accepting backorders. Over the past two months we have done everything we can to keep up with the orders including hiring several new employees and working 7 days a week. However, recently we have come to the realization that we simply can not continue to take orders for items that we have no idea when will be available, nor can we expect customers to continue to wait 4-6 weeks for us to process their in stock orders. Orders that are placed for items listed as "Out of Stock" on the website will be immediately canceled. All customers who have backorders in our system currently will not be affected and these orders will be processed as soon as the items come available. We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Bryan Richardson

I have 15K Fed 205s, 15K Fed 100s, and 10K CCI 500s on backorder at PV. Hopefully the small pistol primers show up within the next month or two. I got lucky and snagged 10K Fed GM205s from Wideners while they were in stock....that should hold me over.