Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which speedloader ? COMP III or Jet

310yuma

My personal preference is for JetLoaders.

The diameter of the JL's body's a teensy bit bit smaller than CompIIIs and the spring action feels more positive to me. The spring shroud on the CompIIIs can also collect debris, making release iffy when they get dirty. If I were to use CompIIIs, the shroud would be coming off.

Tom

I use both. Comp 3s for k frame and jet for L frame. If I had it to do over again I would buy only Jets. They are well with the extra couple of dollars per loader. Bubberizing is helpful and neat to do but it takes me a while to do it. Not all loaders have received that treatment. If only I had a lathe and a milling machine to speed things up...

You won't regret buying the jet loaders.

-john

I use both. Comp 3s for k frame and jet for L frame. If I had it to do over again I would buy only Jets. They are well with the extra couple of dollars per loader. Bubberizing is helpful and neat to do but it takes me a while to do it. Not all loaders have received that treatment. If only I had a lathe and a milling machine to speed things up...

-john

The surgery can be accomplished using a bandsaw. Set up a fence and use a stop to prevent the skirt from being cut deeply enough to nick the center post. No disassembly required but you will need to deburr and trim the spots the bandsaw didn't reach.