Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What feedback should I garner from this?

Nimitz

ok, but I'm not sure I understand what the purpose of waiting to reset the trigger until the sights return is for ...? How does focusing on the trigger only help me see what the sights are doing? I'm confused ...

I think the drill described is for shooting a slow group not for faster splits. Holding back the trigger keeps you concentrating on the last shot. It's easier to pick up how the sights lift and return, calling the shot etc. It's a common drill that a lot of people do for accuracy at the end of practice. Accuracy and not speed seems to be the focus in this discussion.

BTW: Right now I think it's isn't speed vs. accuracy but rushing vs. accuracy. The more I rush the less accurate I am and my times aren't usually faster. If I just relax, see what I need to see the speed happens.

Hope this is clearing some confusion.

DNH

ok, but I'm not sure I understand what the purpose of waiting to reset the trigger until the sights return is for ...? How does focusing on the trigger only help me see what the sights are doing? I'm confused ...

There is a direct connection with how you pull the trigger and sight alignment. Trigger pull is more important than sight alignment because it's the reason the sights move. After you pull the trigger, and have not reset it, do the sights return? If not then it's a grip issue. If you don't see the sights lift then you may be blinking. Lot's of the trigger pull practice can be done in dry fire.

Edited by toothguy