Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 3 Gun vs. VersaMax Tactical

XxMerlinxX

I have shot both and I agree that the versamax shoots softer, but a lincoln town car rides smoother than a formula 1 race car too. I would't enter a lincoln in a grand prix. The benelli hits a little harder, but for me, i gets back on target quicker and I can run it much faster. Fit and finish on the italian guns is sooooo much better than a remmy as well. My Benelli feels smooth as silk when you operate the bolt, whereas the versamax feels gritty and rough. I just like my beneiil better all the way around.

I shot an M2 for a while and then sold it to get a VersaMax. I do agree with wdlong that the M2 has a better fit and finish to it but not by much. After I had my VM worked on, it felt as smooth as my M2 so that was a null point. My main reason was that I was faster with the VM on follow-up shots and I attribute that to the gas system. It may just be a preference thing so I would advise to go out and shoot both and then decide. I never thought I would go away from my M2 but I was really impressed with the VM. Don't get me wrong, the M2 is an awesome setup and you can't go wrong with it but I just prefer the VM a little more.

Edited by gng4life

+1 for Versamax and you really can't pull cost out of the decision. You can have a Versamax running as well as the best M2s for about $1400 or less, with all of the goodies. An M2 3G would cost you $2400. The Versa will be heavier than the M2, but not offensively so and in this case, the softer recoil translates into less muzzle movement. The Versa has a larger loading port than the M2 which will help you get up to speed on fast reloads sooner. In addition the M2 3gun model is way over priced. You can get a better M2 for less money, if you just get it straight from one of super star Benelli tuners.

Benelli's "performance center" gun is a rip off. Buy an M2 and send it to somebody like Accurate Iron. You'll get a lot more gunsmithing for your dollar

Wow dude...go easy. Original question was M2 or Versa Max presuming both are at the same price, not who has better price/value.

• 2 weeks later...

So then the original question really is which is a better gun. Where I live price/value always is part of the buy equation.The Versa Max sounds like a great idea for 3 gun. I am going to have to see who has one to shoot. Are all the 3-gun parts available for it like the mag tube, bolt handle, Arredondo speed loader ramp ?